its done, I am back 5mths checkup | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

its done, I am back  5mths checkup its done, I am back 5mths checkup

Unread 11-21-2001, 08:33 PM
its done, I am back 5mths checkup

well girls, I am home. The oncologist didnt do a pap smear or colposcopy as he said that it is still too early . The radiated tissue has to have a good chance to heal before any real results can be taken. But he has been practicing for many years and he said it all looks very healthy and he doesnt think there are any problems at all So there you go.

I did ask him how he could tell if there were any cancer cells left and his answer " with all that aggressive treatment you had not much could remain" so I guess that is good news.
But it is the most stressful thing to have to go through...... does it ever get any better, worrying if the cancer is still there? This is when I want to just cry but I am not going to, no way . Thanks a bunch I love you all dearly x x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2001, 09:53 PM

hey Robyn,
Well iti s one o'clock in the morning here...........Thanksgiving Day. Don't think you have that where you are, but if you did the timing is just perfect! I am so very grateful that your checkup is fine and I am so very thankful for this really terrific site, so glad I found you.
I am so happy for the news, Robyn, I too still get very scared, my doctor says that it does get better with time. I am not due for my next checkup until January 8th, 2002. I am sure I will be sweating it out. I am sure pleased about you. This board has been full of good news lately.............THANK GOD!!!!
Valentina
Unread 11-22-2001, 01:22 AM

Robyn!!!
Wonderful news!!! So glad everything is healing nicely, and your doctor is pleased.

Like Valentina said, my onc. also said they do get easier with time too. I wondered if he mean't "easier for him" !!

Celebrate your good news Robyn! Indeed even though they don't have Thanksgiving in Australia, you have much to celebrate today!!

Love ya!!
xoxo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2001, 02:54 PM

Robyn,
Congrats on the good report... Celebrate today ... You deserve it... In your honor I will eat an extra piece of Pumpkin pie...:-)
Sondra

P.S. always looking for a good reason to eat another piece of something yummy!!!!!!
Unread 11-22-2001, 03:00 PM

I'm so happy you got good news from your visit. Hopefully you will sleep better now. Just keep repeating what the doc said to you--everything looks good!

Relax and celebrate. I think I'll join Sondra and have an extra piece of pie, too!

Unread 11-22-2001, 05:04 PM

DEAR ROBYN, SUCH WONDERFUL NEWS!! THANK GOD EVERYTHING WENT WELL!! OK, NOW GET OUT THOSE BROWNIES MARIA! COME ON.... I'VE GOT LOTS OF JUICES AND ALL KINDS OF POP!! I THINK SOMEONE SAID THEY WOULD BRING TEA. VERY VERY HAPPY FOR YOU !!
LOVE AND S
Unread 11-23-2001, 09:49 AM

hi again robyn, i forgot to say that you will must likely be looking forward to your trip to the u.s.a. also i am nosy too!! where in the states are you staying and when are you coming?? i think you will enjoy yourself. we have many beautiful things and landmarks to see. lots of stores to shop too. pick a state, anywhere you go shopping, shopping, shopping.

s
Unread 11-23-2001, 10:36 PM

Robyn, this is great news!! Sounds like you will be packing your bags soon!! You deserve a wonderful vacation!!
As for the nerves getting better with time....I like to hold on to that thought! No matter what type or how serious our cancer was, we all get nervous. It makes me feel better to think that one day I will NOT be nervous for a check up!
Unread 11-24-2001, 04:14 PM
Congrats, Robyn!

So happy to hear the good news! Enjoy that trip....take care.
Jean
Unread 11-24-2001, 07:47 PM

{{Robyn}}

I'm so sorry I'm so late in celebrating your wonderful news gal! What perfect timing getting good news before your trip, what better way to celebrate!

I still wish you were coming this way though!

Oh well, I'll get to hear all about it from the gals you do get to visit with.

I hope you went and had a serious celebration, included.

I'm so happy for ya gal!

{{hugs}}

Vicki

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register