Experience with Estradiol? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Experience with Estradiol? Experience with Estradiol?

Unread 04-07-2011, 08:07 AM
Experience with Estradiol?

My doc put me on Estradiol, 0.5 mg's once daily. Anyone have history with this drug??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2011, 05:36 PM
Re: Experience with Estradiol?

Hey Athena, yes I started with Estradiol .5 mg about a month ago, but my syptoms were sooo bad that this dose wasn't even helping at all, so I complained to my dr today and he changed it to Est Estrgn Methtest, not sure about that yet. But I did alot of research about Estradiol and it seems that it works pretty good at the normal dose 2mg or low dose 1mg, but the .5 mg dose doesn't seem to do much for most people, and it defintely did nothing for me. Are your symptoms mild? If they are this might work for you, but if your having severe hot flashes & night sweats keep at your dr to get your dosage up or find another med that will work for you. This med is also Estrogen only, and that according to websites I researched is great if you do not have your ovaries. I hope this gives you some insight!
Unread 04-07-2011, 10:52 PM

I was on 1mg estradiol pill for the first 6 wks after my surgery, and it was okay...I was having trouble sleeping, but had that before my surgery....my doc put me on a compound cream of estrog/test/proges and took me off the estradiol pill...i got acne really bad (have had that before too) and hair was thinning alittle. I eventually came off of that, and am on an estrogen gel and test pill. it's working so far
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2011, 07:47 AM

Always always a relief to hear from others and their experiences! THANK YOU. My only symptoms were fatigue, skin allergy symptoms with no rashes just crazy itching (antihistamines did not work to relieve it) lack of concentration (not good when driving and you forget where you're going), unable to remember the simplest things which affected my work and home life. I have 7 seven children, all are college/young adult age but the youngest who is a senior in high school and will be going to college next year and I can not drop the ball on all that is going on in their life. Blood test results showed low estrogen levels. This is the second day taking Estradiol and my body feels great, no creaky knees, feel almost....fluid. So far the only negative is HEAD ACHE thirty minutes after taking the pill. I take the pill at 8:30pm and by 9:00 gotta take Tylenol, whooo weee what a headache. Also, 30 minutes after being up in the morning the headache resumes. Hopefully this side effect won't last!
Unread 04-08-2011, 07:48 AM

Yes your response helped, thank you
Unread 04-09-2011, 07:38 PM

I've been on it for 8 weeks now. I'm on 0.5 mg daily. However, my endocrinologist has me taking them vaginally. He said that way it won't go through the liver and be "diluted" in a sense. He said many times doctors have to prescribe a higher dose so that once it's processed through the liver, then the amount is the true lower dose you need.

I felt great being on it! However a week ago they called and told me to cut the pills in have (so 0.25 mg) due to having anemia?! I've notcied I don't feel so great so don't think this is the right dose for me. I had my 8 week post-op appointment with my gynecologist yesterday, and he said estrogen has absolutely nothing to do with anemia. Ugh! So who knows what. All I know is I felt better on the 0.5 mg. But being only 8 weeks post-op, who knows what my "normal" level will be once everything is finally depleted from my surgery.

Good luck to you!!
Unread 04-10-2011, 08:45 AM

hello sisters I am 2 and 1/2 weeks post op and my doctor has me on elestrin which produces 0.52mg of estradiol. I am experiencing hot flashes and night sweats and I stay warm all the time. I don't know if this is normal and my body needs time to adjust to the horomones or is this something I will have to live with. I also am experiencing insominia. Is anyone else having the same issues or have had experience with elestrin?
Unread 04-10-2011, 06:32 PM

I'm on Elestrin right now...how many pumps did your doctor tell you to do? My OB told me to do 2 pumps of the gel. I do not have anyt night sweats or hot flashes. I am also on 3 mg of testestorone daily. My only symptom that I have right now is just fatigued and loss of muscle.
Unread 04-11-2011, 07:43 AM
Experience with Estradiol?

Gosh I feel real fortunate not to have the kind of symptoms some of you have. The headache seems to be lessening and my sex drive has been rebooted! LOL! It's still not anything like it was before all the trouble started with my ovaries five years ago, but I definitely feel an improvement, I feel like a woman again!
Unread 04-11-2011, 08:56 AM

My doctor has instructed me to do 2 pumps on the upper arm to the elbow I am feeling warm all the time and I am having night sweats. Today I have decided to call my doctor to get some help.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register