aching legs and feet are back? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

aching legs and feet are back? aching legs and feet are back?

Unread 11-22-2001, 11:01 AM
aching legs and feet are back?

Hi girls, by the end of the day my legs and feet are just pounding.....I can hardly walk it hurts so bad, I had this before and can't remember what was causing it or why it went away (if we figured it out at all.....) does anyone else get this and what is it if you do? Thanx! .......sorry to be question girl this week!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2001, 01:51 PM
I know for me it's Fibromyalgia...

Sounds to me like a hormonal thing {{{{{{Gidge}}}}}} I know when I was not taking any estrogen, my joints were really bad. Currently my legs/hips and ankles are so sore

Do you think its time for a new hrt for you?! You should take a peek over in the jungle..there are so many women there with sore joints. It seems to be a common thread amongst us post-op ladies!

Are you using any progesterone?

I'm sorry you are experiencing so much pain my dear....'S
Unread 11-22-2001, 02:04 PM

Hey Jude, thanx for the response

I am taking the birth control pill for hrt, I can't tolerate the bio-identicals (patch, gel, estrace, tri-est) as they are all derived from soy and I'm allergic to it! The bc pill has synthetic estrogen as well as progesterone.......I had to reduce my dosage about 6mths ago because my blood pressure was up and I was having wicked headaches every single day........so taking more is out of the question!

sure hope it's not hormonal, or if it is it's a passing thing.....it's like a headache in your legs and feet......boom boom boom that's what it feels like!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2001, 05:07 PM

Gidge,
Perhaps your dose may need a slight adjustment. I have found that over time I had to do a wee bit of tinkering with my doseage. Also, have you been under any kind of stress? Stress can cause the hormones to go whacko.

Sending my daily and for you! Sorry I'm late but I've been stuffing my face and am extremely uncomfortable now.
Unread 11-22-2001, 05:50 PM

{{Gidge}},
It's the Fibro for me too. I remember last year when several of us had this same complaint, it was how my Fibro seemed to have started then moved to the rest of my body. I'm sorry you are having so much pain
Unread 11-23-2001, 06:30 AM
Hey Gidge!

I'm sorry your having that achey feeling! I also go through that i'm on the couch at like 6 pm! I can't figure it out, I take IB prophrin for it and it seems to help. And to top things off i'm so tired mmmm! My dr put me on Loestrin1.5/30 to help out with the endo for now, i know its not a cure but it seems to help with the pain! I hope you had a good Thanksgiving! It seems to me alot of our problems are hormonal! Hey sister take care and i love ya!

Colette
Unread 11-23-2001, 06:48 AM

Hey Gidge,

Just a thought, but are you still taking an anti-inflam? If so, perhaps you need to try a different one....sometimes our bodies can build up a tolerance. If not, try taking one to see if it helps

Perhaps you should try a low dose of Premarin, as well as some progesterone? That's what I'm on now. Are they not synthetic? Sorry, I'm really just now learning more in the jungle It sounds like you should have your levels checked eh?

**Colette** I hope you are doing better dear.

Sending you lots of 'S &
Unread 11-23-2001, 09:07 AM

thanx for the replies girls

Jude, I have tried Premarin, it gave me bigtime headaches, it is derived from pregnant mares urine , so I guess it is synthetic in some ways.

I'm going to wait and see maybe this is a backlash hormonal thing from the surgery......or maybe it's this fibro thing.....my mother keeps going on and on about how I have all the symptoms of fibro or lupus......who knows.

it's the weekend which means I can pace myself and not be in agony or exhausted, I sure wish I could do that the rest of the week! Big 's to you girls, I don't know what I would do without y'all!
Unread 11-23-2001, 10:32 AM

Gidge,
Maybe it would be a good idea to see a Rheumy. So many of us have similiar symptoms and look how many of us have been DX with Fibro Just a thought...
I hope your feeling better today
Unread 11-23-2001, 10:40 AM

thanx Sheri

what are the symptoms of fibro, are achy legs and feet included?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register