Robotic Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy 3/31/11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Our Hysterectomy Stories > da Vinci Hysterectomy Stories

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Robotic Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy 3/31/11 Robotic Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy 3/31/11

Unread 04-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Robotic Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy 3/31/11

Hello Everyone,

My name is "Blessed Sea Shell" I went to the gynecologist on January 21 one day before my 30 birthday. To be honest with everyone on this forum I had not been to the gynecologist in the past 5 years.

I have a 7 year old daughter now and re-married and moved to Florida in the past couple of years. My husband and I did think we would have children of our own in the next couple of years. We have been married going on 3 years (June 28th, 2011). We first wanted to enjoy our lives now being a family of three and our course more kids would eventually come.

God had another plan for me and that was LIFE!

After one week of have my first pap smear in years I received a call from my gynecologist. The news I found out was not great to be honest. I had to have a Colposcopy & Cervical Biopsy performed asap.

Waiting for the results seems endless but the day came finally came and I found out I had cervical cancer or the last stage before having to go through chemo. My husband was at work and I went to the doctor alone. I felt like I wanted to die at that same second of receiving the news. I was scared and just wanted to see my family.

My gynecologist told me all would be okay and a LEEP procedure would be done on March 3, 2011. I remember getting out the doctor office feeling confused, scared, upset, and just wanting to be with my daughter and my husband.

I remember coming home going online and gathering all my information on LEEP and the caused and of course my fear was cancer. The only concern I had in my mind was will this help it and will the cancer go away. I had cervical cancer in my cervix both in the lower and upper area. Sorry, but I did not mention that I was also told I have cyst in both my ovaries (small enough they did not have to be removed) and fibroids in my uterus.

After all my research I did I decided to keep this to myself and not share it with everyone.
I did not want to make myself feel like a victim with others going through so much I did not want people to pity me.

I am a woman that is energetic, determined, stubborn, or one word to describe me STRONG. I will fight and do all I have to do to make sure I accomplish all in my path.

I had 2 weeks of dealing with this frustration and confusion locked up inside me. I ended up taking a lot of my emotions on my husband. I was mad at him for not being understanding or I claimed this at the time. I did not know how I was suppose to be and I did not know how my husband was suppose to act. I would cry and just have everything make me mad. The why a conversation would go over the phone or in person or why he texted me so short or didn’t leave me a message. You name it I was going through it.

I decided to make sure I enjoyed my life with my family.

March 3rd came by very quick… my husband took the time from work and went to the gynecologist office with me. I opted to the LEEP procedure in the doctor office thinking I would be okay the doctor made me feel safe and said I would not feel anything.

He was very wrong I took only 2 vulime pills before the surgery and was given 9 local anthesia shots during my 1 hour procedure. It was the worst then giving birth to a child or having smart lipo and my breast done. I was awake and I could feel the cuts the burn of the electrical loop. I could feel it all the shots inside me I was crying the doctor could have stopped and would only say “Almost Done” it was so horrible to experience this pain. I thought “Oh My God….Why ME”.

The Gynecologist confirmed and said you should be okay after this and the cancer should be all gone. Once my results came back he would tell me what he would do about my fibroids and my cyst that I had.

I was in so much pain after having this LEEP procedures I only took the day I had the procedure done and went back to work the next day. Not smart I know but what I want you to understand is that I am so determine to do things for myself and not let anything hold me back. I sleep about 14 hours that day from the time I got home to waking up and leaving my house in the next morning to work.

I was not able to walk a lot since I felt a lot of pain but I was not going to let this stop me.
I would hope and pray that my results would come back with any of the cancer cells.

I decided to book a one week vacation for me and my family to Orlando.

I purchased one year membership passes to Sea World, purchased VIP concert seating tickets, purchased 4th Row Cirque du Solei ‘La Nouba” Show Tickets in Down Town Disney, did the swim with the shark interaction at Sea World. You name it I wanted only the best for my family. I bought clothes, shoes, jewelry you name it I wanted my trip to be PERFECT and money was no object on this trip. I did what I wanted and how I wanted it for 1 week.

Spoiled my Family since I did not know if this would be our last trip for this year or for life. I had no fear only glory inside and tremendous faith inside me.

The close people that knew about what I was going through were in shock that I was calm and not in fear of dying. I really was but in my life I have learned to keep my fears to myself and show only happiness as a cover. Why let people in and tell them I was terrified to know that I had been going through so much in less than 2 months.

One of my co-workers told me about Cleveland Clinic of Florida they top #1 in the nation with their Gynecology Department and Doctors period.

I decided to give them a call she referred me to Dr Zimberg is the #1 Doctor to have at Cleveland Clinic it takes months to get an appointment with him because people come from all over the world to see him and seek his assistance.

I called Cleveland Clinic in Weston FL told them all I had and what I was going through.
Luckily I was able to get an opening March 21, 2011 my first day back to work from vacation.

Dr <oops! Doctor's name removed per site guidelines> is the GREATEST! I told him the situation and that I had an appointment with this horrible Dr <Doctor's name removed per website guidelines>. I told him how he had hurt me so bad during the LEEP procedure and I was just so terrified to even go get my results on March 22, 2011.

Dr told me once my records and my results came in he would review them and see what my next step would be either a Complete Hysterectomy or Total Hysterectomy where my uterus would be removed and so would my cervix.

Tuesday, March 22 my appointment was at 3:00 pm I drove to get my results and of course request my medical records. I found out that after the LEEP I still have the cancerous cells inside. I asked this doctor what is my next step if I decided to stay at his office. He told me a pap smear in 4 months and another LEEP procedure. I asked me what he was planning to do about my cyst and my fibroids would he consider a hysterectomy. His answer “No…your too young for that and we need to monitor you”.

I told him I would never go back to his office again he had left me traumatized from my LEEP procedure. I was so afraid to even look down at my private parts or even have an intercourse with my husband. He of course apologize but in my book I was so done I walked out after paying for my medical records and confirming my new doctor would get the paperwork faxed.

Dr called that same afternoon at 4:50 pm directly at my work to advise the Surgical Scheduler would be calling me shortly to set up my Surgery.
A Hysterectomy would be performed, of course I knew this meant no more children but my live would be saved. My life was in GOD’s hands since the day I first found out about what I was going through.

The same day I found out my results knowing I still have cancer and the LEEP was not successful on my end the same day I find out I will be going through surgery.

Some many emotions this had been 2 ½ months of some much confusion.

The Surgical Scheduler called me at 8:30 am on March 23, 2011 directly at work.
I was scheduled the surgery the next Thursday to come March 31st.

In only hours I had gone to Cleveland Clinic from to sign some forms and pick up my surgery packet. I had blood drawn the same day. Went back to the office and had to fill out FMLA paperwork. So much to do I had to cancel important trainings, events, and meetings that I had in the next weeks to come. So much to do and less than 1 week to get this accomplished. I did it.

My last day in the office was on Wednesday, March 30, 2011 and now I am at home recovering from my surgery.

I had a lot of support during the last couple of days in the office I decided to open up to people…. I really did not want them to think I was just leaving on a long vacation.

I represent a large company and my presence in what I do is required on a daily basis.
An email to say that I am not going to be here would not be enough for all my professional relationships.

My surgery was one week ago yesterday. I feel fat (swelly belly so I read in this wonderful site), I feel hurt inside and out. Just not myself. I am so use to being so active that this is hard doing nothing trying to but knowing resting is your best friend right now.

Where should I begin the day of surgery I went in hopeful and not scared knowing I would be in GOD's hands. With the help of Dr and GOD I knew I was in the BEST hands possible. I knew that I could not wake up but luckily GOD had another plan for me.

I was able to wake up get my morphine and get up and use the restroom. After the entire day of being in the ER I was able to leave around 6:30 pm.

I was not feeling the pain since they said its normal since I was on pain killers.

I told my husband I was hungery after the Surgery we wento a great Purivan Resturant near Cleveland Clinic.

I was with my FAT BLOATED BELLY, Hospital ID bands, gauze bands all over my belly... horrible hair no make up and just looking like I should be home.

I ordered food during the time I was there my husband was in shock asking me if I was okay and we could go home.

Not till I ate I told him I'm okay I don't feel alot just as long as I stay very still. I starting sending pics of me after getting out of surgery to my friends OMG they could not belive I was out already. They all told me to go home and REST.

Should of listened to everyone...the meds were starting to wear off. They packed our food and we left I was in so much pain I wanted to DIE. I told my husband what was I thinking OMG just drive me home please.....

This is what I wanted I know but I changed me mine I promise to listen from now on.

I was so happy to know my surgery came out great I wanted to show myself I am here let me LIVE and be FREE.

Maybe I should recover first before I let my emotions in the way of my health. I go back to the doctor next week for my post op. I was scheduled 2 weeks off but I do feel I will need another week to really feel like I am ready to go back to work. My health is important and now I know that.

I will not let anything stand in my way of getting better.

I have a great daughter that is helping out in everyway she can. I have my wonderful hubby that is being support of me and showing me he is here for me not matter what.

I’m so thankful to the wonderful work of Dr without him I would be still have cancer if he would have waited. My Cervix was removed and my Uterus as well with Robot name “DaVinci” who would have imagined this type of medical advancement at my age now.

Dr also found my intestine was pinching being pinched by my ovaries this is what caused me to have so much pain everyday. Problem Fixed thanks to Dr.

If anyone is going through this please consider Cleveland Clinic of Florida best hospital, doctors, and staff in the world. I have been through a couple of ERs nothing like Cleveland. They care about their patient’s and want to see you get better and SURVIVE!

I will be a new person a new mother a new wife a new friend a new sister a new daughter a new aunt and just a new person period. I am lucky to have been given a new life to live and I will make sure to use this time to change those around me and I hope the world with my story.

I have gone through so much that I do plan to write my own book or create a website next week will be the start of my goal. I want to just write short stories of what I have experienced but especially now after having a hysterectomy done. I only hope I can cope with the next steps that will come. Time will only tell what comes next in my life.

But just know that I remain strong and hopeful and look to the future with my daughter and my husband next to me. I feel I can conquer the world with GOD’s spirit with me.

Good Luck Ladies! I plan to be a member of Hyster Sister for many years to come.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register