11 days post op... horrible pain the last 3 days... what's normal? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

11 days post op... horrible pain the last 3 days... what's normal? 11 days post op... horrible pain the last 3 days... what's normal?

Unread 04-10-2011, 09:30 AM
11 days post op... horrible pain the last 3 days... what's normal?

I had a vaginal assisted laparoscopic hysterectomy, ovary/tube removal, and cervix removal on 3/30. They took out my cervix vaginally and everything else came out my belly button. I ended up in the hospital for 6 days, with the epidural in for 4 of them because I was in so much pain. They sent me home this last Monday, and the first couple of days, I was feeling great. Now the pain keeps getting worse, and at times is unbearable. I am on some extremely strong painkillers and they don't seem to touch this pain. I am wondering if this is normal or not. It feels like hundreds of little lightning bolts firing off inside my abdomen all day long. In addition, I have horrible lower back pain, accompanied by random bursts of pain throughout my back and abdomen. It feels like cramping followed by a shocking sensation. I can't take much more of this. Also, my lower abdomen is extremely sensitive to touch. There is a stinging/burning sensation any time something makes contact with the skin. I'm wondering if that's a result from the heparin shots they were giving me in my belly while in the hospital? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2011, 10:21 AM
Re: 11 days post op... horrible pain the last 3 days... what's normal?

I would call your doctor to let him know what's going on. We all heal differently and the doctor would be able to tell you if he did more work in a certain area that might be hurting like you are. How is your temperature? Do you have any signs of infection on your incisions? These are things he will ask you.
I myself was off my pain pills within 4 days. Some people take longer. To me it sounds like you are just getting more and more pain and I don't think thats normal. If it gets to bad and you can't get a hold of the doctor I would go to the ER. Hang in there and let us know how things are going.
Unread 04-10-2011, 12:00 PM

I agree with Doiknwya. You probably shouldn't be suffering that kind of pain at this stage - your doctor will be able to advise you and at the very least give you stronger painkillers, but the pain may be a warning of something that needs immediate medical attention, so don't delay.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

Hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2011, 12:29 PM

I agree with the other two ladies. Please contact your doctor asap! It definitely sound like something else is going on aside from normal healing.

I was one of the lucky ones who did not have pain the day after surgery aside from pulling of the incision. I hope that your pain gets under control soon as you can't heal well if you are in pain.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register