baby hot flashes (yes, this question again) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

baby hot flashes (yes, this question again) baby hot flashes (yes, this question again)

Unread 04-13-2011, 07:52 PM
baby hot flashes (yes, this question again)

I am a newbie, just had a TAH/BSO 6 days ago, started HRT in the hospital the day after surgery. I am sure everyone gets tired of this question, but I am too tired to search all these threads!

definitely already having mood swings, plus I'm having these moments that can last 10 min-30 min long where I feel very hot/warm on the back on my neck, and also inside, but I swear I feel like I have ice sitting right on my skin, plus goosebumps. I'm not really cold, but I don't want the fan on. I even took my temp to make sure I didn't have a fever (of course, I didn't) ..and a little shortness of breath but not much.

here's the deal - I'm not sweating at all, and my friends who've had hot flashes say "oh, you'd know it if you had one!"...so they are kind of shooting down my theory that these might be hot flashes. I don't know what else they could be.

thoughts? thanks for putting up with my rookie question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2011, 08:28 PM
Re: baby hot flashes (yes, this question again)

In my opinion, yes, they are hot flashes. Not all of mine cause me to perspire...sometimes I get just a little warm, enough for me to notice and then they are gone. I am lucky that they only last 30 seconds. Like most things, hot flashes differ from individual to individual.
Unread 04-13-2011, 10:23 PM

Sometimes, I have to look at a thermometer to see if the room is hot, or if it's just me. Some flashes are mild enough that I'm not sure, & some are pretty strong, so no doubt. My flashes are almost as individual as everyone who has them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2011, 08:01 AM

I tried to go without estrogen awhile back (BAD IDEA for me!). I had some of the exact strange symptoms. The one that seemed the most odd to me was the goosebumps and feeling chilled. Those were, of course, alternating with feelings of being hot. I didn't always sweat either. I also got a "vibrating" kind of feeling as well.
Unread 04-14-2011, 09:18 AM

I get these too and they are mild hot flashes. Enough to let me know I'm having one,but I don't swear like I hear some ladies do. Little bit down my back. Feels like I've been working out or something. I'm on hrt so hope they don't get worse. I can deal with them like this. I get cold flashes too.
Unread 04-14-2011, 11:46 AM

OMG do I have hot flashes! My surgery was in Dec and I have increased my doasage twice since surgery. Sometimes they are so intense it takes my breath away and then other times I just warm all over. It is still a hot flash. I take comfort in the advice have given me that this too shall pass. It just isn't ahppening soon enough. I made another apointment today for Dr.s visit. Let's see what see does this time.?!
Unread 04-16-2011, 10:09 PM

I'm having those!! My Bi-est was just lowered from 2mg to 1.25mg, because my last hormone test showed my estrogen level was higher than before my surgery and my gyn thought that level was too high. Since the drop in dosage, I have been getting these little episodes of feeling warm, mostly in my face area and yup, lasts 10-30 sec. And for me, they've only happened in the morning. A mini flash??

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register