Day 3 of Da Vinci 4/14/11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Our Hysterectomy Stories > da Vinci Hysterectomy Stories

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Day 3 of Da Vinci 4/14/11 Day 3 of Da Vinci 4/14/11

Unread 04-14-2011, 06:05 PM
Thumbs up - Day 3 of Da Vinci 4/14/11 Day 3 of Da Vinci 4/14/11

Had DH (Da Vinci Hysterectomy) on Tue. Apr 12th. I am really surprised at how good I feel in just two days. After the surgery they gave me diaulad in IV. I was able to self inject this med every 8 minutes for pain... It was great!!!
It did make me very talkative though. I remember my aunt coming in to see me (she works at the hospital) and I told her that they had to take part of my cervix and I was afraid I wasnt going to have the same sexual pleasure without it. I went on to tell her about how important my cervix was for me to have an orgasm...I'm so embarassed.
My children and fiance came to visit, but I really couldnt see them, I was literallly "blind" I felt like my eyes were crossing, I couldn't focus on any one object. They were a blur. I tried to appear "normal", as not to scare the kids, but I've been told that I was slurring my words alot.
Didn't get much sleep, the nurses were in and out all night checking on me. They were great though, I am going to make sure to give them a good review. (jessica, jodi and amber). Also, they had some sort of pressure pads on my legs to prevent clots. It would puff up with air every so often but it itched so much! I
Im hot natured, so I had the air on 65 degrees. I took my gown off and most of the time I had the blankets pushed down to the bottom of the bed, so when they walked in, all I would have on were the wires from the iv and heart monitor...( I think I was going thru a mini-menapuase). They would be taken aback at first, but I assured them I wasn't trying to flash them, I was just hot!
The next morning I was able to eat a solid breakfast, so my fiance brought me a sausage,egg and cheese bisquit from MCD. The nurse told me I had to pee within 6 hours of taking the cather out or I would probably have to wear it home. So as soon as she took it out, I went and sat on the toliet for about 45 min. I felt like I had to go, but I just couldn't go! I drank a few cups a water and sat on toliet again. Nothing. I decided not to stress about it, turned on the tv and watched The View. During this time, I had several more cups of water, orange juice, apple juice And cranberry juice. After my show went off, I went to sit on the toliet again. Voila! I fill that hat up!
The nurse was excited for me, we both clapped, like you would do for your 2 year old, the first time they used the potty. She then notified me that I had to go once more before I could leave. I wasn't worried though. I took my shower. She took the iv out. She went to get my discharge papers, I sat on the toliet once again. Didn't have any trouble going. She explained my discharge orders. My fiance picked me up, we thanked everyone and went home.
Felt a little pain near the naval and my lower back. Took two perocets and went to sleep. Walked around the house slowly, bent over at my waist.
Weighed myself and gained 7 pounds in 2 days! I know this must be from the swelling and bloating, so I'm not panicking yet....Haven't had alot of gas or bleeding.
Im on day 3 now, I feel pretty good. Still not much gas or bleeding. Taking pain medicine as needed. I am so glad I had this surgery! I go back to see doctor next Tuesday, will have an update then. Good luck to all my hystersisters. This website is awesome.
*sn: Uterus removed due to large fibroid. Ovaries intact. Cervix-large portion removed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register