TAH Burning in lower left abdomen area? (children mentioned) and some venting | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Burning in lower left abdomen area? (children mentioned) and some venting Burning in lower left abdomen area? (children mentioned) and some venting

Unread 04-16-2011, 12:52 PM
Burning in lower left abdomen area? (children mentioned) and some venting

Hello all, I have a question. I a TAH this past Monday and things have been going pretty well. But yesterday evening I started having a burning feeling in my lower left abdomen area. Now, I do have staples, but the area that hurts is not really around the area that the staples are. It doesn't hurt on the right side at all. I had my right ovary taken out, but I'm not sure if that matters as far as to why I have this pain. The only thing that helps the pain is either laying down and being still, or putting my arm in that area and pushing up and in.

I really hope that these next couple of weeks go by faster, cause it has really been a tough time not being able to lift anything. I have some supportive family members, but my husband has been awful. And that is who I need the most support from. It is very frustrating when my 4 year old and my 15 month old boys don't understand what is wrong with Mommy and still try to be rough with me.

I thought I was gonna have a nice peaceful weekend with the kiddos at my husbands parents house, but due to lack of communication on their part, they are only getting them for part of today. They both asked me at least a week before my surgery if I needed anything. I told both the same. That I would be grateful if they could get the boys for the weekend after my surgery to give me some more time to heal. They both said yes. Now one of them acts like HE doesn't know what is going on. Basically, forgot and made plans to do other things, and tried to play it off.

I know this is terrible to say, but one of these days those people will need me for something, and I'm gonna agree to do it and then renege. I just dislike people who say they are gonna do something and don't do it and brush it off. To me it is important to have this time to heal. I just wish everyone else around me would see it that way too. Sorry for venting, but I feel better now.

Hope all of you Sisters out there that have recently had surgery are doing well!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2011, 01:39 PM
Re: Burning in lower left abdomen area? (children mentioned) and some venting

I'm sorry your having a rough time. I had some burning on the inside after my TAH but it wasn't a constant, and was by no means a horrible pain. If yours is I would call your doctor to be on the safe side. Hopefully you can talk to your husband and in-laws about how you are feeling and things will get better. My husband was great the first few days and after that not so much. Instead of asking him or telling him what i needed done I would just get mad that he didn't already know and have it done. Finally I blew up and he said i will do anything you want me to you just have to tell me what it is. I have always taken care of the kids and the house so he was a little lost and overwhelmed too. I hope this helps and things get easier for you. Just remember to relax and don't over do it. Thoughts and prayers your way.
Unread 04-16-2011, 04:05 PM

I have that same pain. I know what you are talking about. I was crying a couple of nights ago about it burning. And it's right where you are talking. For some reason, that area is more sore than the rest. I had TAH on 4/7. I hope you get better soon. I'm grateful for the help I have!!! Hang in there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2011, 07:41 PM

Please remember that it does get better.
Maybe you could be more assertive and very clear with those around you that YOU NEED HELP! It won't be forever, but now it is so important to be able to rest and not have to strain so much with the little ones. Speak up, yell if you have to, mommy needs help.

Sending hugs to you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register