new here, CIN 2 help | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

new here, CIN 2  help new here, CIN 2 help

Unread 11-24-2001, 03:23 PM
new here, CIN 2 help

Here's my story, First off I'm new here.
This started in October, I went in for my yearly pap. A week later I got "the bad new". Pap smear came back bad. But I have a unusal problem. I was born with a biconial uterus and cervix. Meaning I have two uterus, two cervix. One set of ovaries. Back to story, so my doctor told me that in the right side they found abnormal cells. However in the left side they found moderate dyslpasia at a CIN II with glandular involvement. So I had to make an appointment for a colpyscope. The dr. agreeed with the findings and did a bipsoy on both sides and a scaping. I had that done on 11/13. The nurse from the office called me on Wednesday to inform me that results where the same as the pap smear. So she wanted to set me up an appointment for a procedure called a LLETZ. But my dr and myself decided that any more procedures I would have done in the hospital because of my circumstances. She's going to have him call me on Monday (also my birthday). I don't want to have this procedure done. I'm going to have to have it done two times, because they found cells in the right side also. I want to have a hysterectomy done. I have 3 kids. My tubes are tied. I just can not go thru this stress of waiting any more. And the idea of have this procedure done two times is to me nuts. Thank you for listening, I'm I nuts. I hope my dr feels the same way as myself. kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2001, 03:55 AM
new here, CIN 2 help

Hi Kathy, first of all welcome to cancer concerns . It is very frightening when ever you are told you have cancer or precancer .

It has been caught in very early stages, that is lucky. I cant understand why you are having two procedures. Did you ask the Dr why?

I had a LLetz procedure , under a general anaesthetic. It was ok, just day surgery. ( I think it is called outpatients over there )
You must remember that a hysterectomy is major surgery and if your precancerous cells can be removed with this procedure it will be so much better for you in the long term. Sometimes a hysterectomy will be needed but certain procedures have to be done first. So Monday will be here before you know it, make a list of questions to ask the DR. Best of luck with it all and dont forget we are here always if you need us
Unread 11-25-2001, 07:56 AM
new here, CIN 2 help

I have to have two procedures because I have two actual cervixs. And the biospy showed the left side worst that the right but the right side does have cells.
I'm ok with this, but I don't want to go thru different kinds of procedures with the end result being a hysterectomy. I would rather just cut to the chase and get it done and over with. Thanks kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2001, 11:45 AM
new here, CIN 2 help

Kathy , discuss this with your Dr and see what he/she suggests. Then you can do research , ask questions and then make an informed decision. Best of luck
Unread 11-25-2001, 02:09 PM
new here, CIN 2 help

Hi, Kathy!

I know it seems unfair to have to go through procedures when you might just end up with a hysterectomy, but as Robyn said, if you don't have to have a hysterectomy, it's better for your body. Of course, this is a decision you must make with your doctor. Will they LLETZ both cervices at the same time? Or do you need to have one then the other later? Make a list of all of your questions, (including the reason why your doctor is taking this particular course of action) so that you have all of the information you need to make a good decision. It sounds like a pretty typical path you are following. Mine was PAP, colposcopy/biopsy, LEEP, then TAH.

Good luck at your doctor visit!
Unread 11-25-2001, 04:26 PM
new here, CIN 2 help

Hi Kathy,

My doctor also put me through pap/colo-biopsy/Leep/then more biopsies now coming soon the hysterectomy.I had wanted to just get the hyst instead of Leep.I was thinking why do all of these tests if the end result is hyst. anyway.Apparently in the U.S. there were alot of unjustified hysts. in the past, so I guess to satify the insurance companies there is a protocal that has to be followed in order to justify them now days.That is how my doctor expalined it after I complained.

Take care and I wish you well,

Gretchen
Unread 11-26-2001, 08:23 AM
new here, CIN 2 help

I just spoke with the dr office, I scheduled my letz for 12/13. I go in on 11/28 to fill out paper work. I have been doning alot of soul searching in the last couple of nights. I have decided to go thru with the procedures, and yes both side will be done in the same visit. I do like my dr, and i trust his judgment. I think I'm just in a hurry to get everything done to hear "your ok". Does that make sense. And if I need a hysterectomy then do it. thanks kathy
Unread 11-26-2001, 11:13 AM
new here, CIN 2 help

That is good that you took the time to do some soul searching! This is a decision that you have to make which deserves a lot of thought. It's great that you value your doctor's opinion and I'm sure that your health is what is on his mind. I'm glad to hear that both sides will be done at once!

I also wanted to say, HAPPY BIRTDHAY!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register