I was supposed to be post-op by now! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I was supposed to be post-op by now! I was supposed to be post-op by now!

Unread 11-26-2001, 12:42 PM
I was supposed to be post-op by now!

Well, it happened, they postponed my surgery. I am so mad! I was all ready to go and get it over.
I went in at 10:30 this morning like a good girl, told them I had had the flu but was feeling fine now. Normal temp and BP. They told the knock-out doc to come and check me before they took blood and had me change. He said he would talk to my GYN and get back to me. My doc comes in and says it's a go. Yeah! They take blood, I change into the Vera Wang dress they gave me. Hubby and I are playing Trivia till it is time to go.
Doctor comes back. Says that the other doctor said I was too congested to put out. At this point, I think I said some bad words. Re-schudule for next week.
Now I am a LIW again! I want to be a Princess!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2001, 12:55 PM

Oh Pam, I am so, so sorry. I don't know what else to say. Do you know what day next week?

You know that the doctors know best and that it is better to be safe than sorry and all those other sayings, but I also know that all that doesn't help a whole lot right now.

You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers and I send lots of hugs down south to you.
Unread 11-26-2001, 01:12 PM

Pam

I'm so sorry that your surgery got put off till next week. Just remember there is a good reason for it...your health!!

If your lungs weren't clear prior to surgery, you would have a heck of a time recouperating! Please understand that the just wants to make sure you're healthy.

My thoughts and prayers are with you while you wait to become a Princess. Get healthy and please let us know what day your surgery is scheduled for. I'll send my to watch over you until then.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2001, 01:23 PM

{{{{Pam}}}}

I'm so sorry - I know how you must be feeling.

It IS probably for the best, though - congestion is a terrible awful condition to have facing anesthesia, it really is. Years ago I was just getting over the flu and bronchitis and had surgery. I had such a hard time with the anesthesia that even I knew that they should have postponed that surgery. I got so agitated (while still under) that I ripped out my IV! And I woke up in complete misery because of the impact of the anesthesia on my respiratory system. The nurses told me I coughed so much they thought I might go into cardiac arrest!

Try not to stress - try to relax, hon, and look at it in a positive light. We are here for you and we do understand. Let us know what your new date is, and update your profile to reflect it, too, okay?

HUGS,
Unread 11-26-2001, 01:50 PM

Sorry to hear about that Pam, x x but it is probably for the best. The week will fly by and you will be back at the castle before you know it.

Dont forget to add your new date to the calendar so that we can give you a farewell party arty: take care and hang in there x x
Unread 11-26-2001, 03:07 PM
I am so sorry for you!!!!!

Oh Pam
I am so sorry about your cancellation. I thought about you all weekend as I am battling the family cold and I thought "What if my surgery Monday"? (It is Dec. 19th) Well you are probably so organized for the holidays. not much consolation huh. Will it affect time your hubby is taking off to help you. Geez I sure hope something really pleasant happens to you this week to offset your terrible let down. In fact along with a I am sending you, I will say a prayer. I remembered your post and you expressed your terrible coughing. ( I don't know if I would want to be coughing like that post op ouch ouch ouch. ) Well I do believe that your family should be giving you some extra pampering because you have earned it. lots of love Jacqui
Unread 11-27-2001, 06:09 AM

Thank you ladies, it was so disappointing yesterday I just cryed. After reading your posts, I felt alot better knowing you girls were there. I know it was the best decision for my phyical well being, if not my mental.
Toonces, thanks for the story of what happened to you, that sealed it.
I was so glad it happened last night, as I coughed from midnight to about 4:30. I need the extra week to heal. My MIL was glad to have the extra time to get the trailer set up and organized too.
It will put a few kinks in plans, hubby took his last week of vacation, but will take 2 days off and then work at home the rest of the week so he can be here. He also won't get to go home (IN) for Christmas as planned with the little one, it will be the first Christmas neither of us will be with her, but her grandparents, sisters, brother and aunts will make sure she has a great time.
Thanks again for being there, I don't know what I would do without you.
Jacqui, get well, Mary Sue, good luck tomorrow, everyone else, STAY WELL!
Unread 11-27-2001, 08:04 AM
AHHHHHHHHHHH

Pam I am so sorry.

But the ladies are right it was for the best. I know how upset you must have felt. I have a bad cold right now that has turned into a sinus infection and am on antibiotics. Did they give you anything.

The week will go by so quick you will see.

Take care and keep us posted on how you are feeling!

Unread 11-27-2001, 09:58 AM
So sorry!

Pam,

I'm so sorry to hear that your surgery was postponed. It sounds like it is for the best, though. This has been my worst nightmare ... that I would get sick and have to keep waiting!

So guess what? Had my pre-op yesterday and my doc is sick! He sounded awful and was NOT himself at all. He's had the flu since last week and says he is better ... but he doesn't sound too good. I hadn't thought about the possibility of having surgery cancelled because of a sick doc! He says he'll be fine on Thursday, but I'm glad my surgery wasn't yesterday considering how he sounded and looked!

Take care of yourself this week so that your cough will be gone by next week. Coughing after surgery would not be fun. Hang in there, Pam!

Beth
Unread 11-28-2001, 05:04 PM

Tina and Beth,
Good luck to you tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you both. It's funny, but the waiting was the worst part and I feel like I'm over that part. I'm calm now(or in denial). Take good care of your selves, by letting others help you, much like we do here. Beth, hope your doctor feels better for your sake.
New date is Dec. 10. It is going to mess with so much stuff, on so many levels that I don't want to get into it.
Thank you all and good luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register