last minute surgery schedule change (UPDATED: Surgery over and home) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

last minute surgery schedule change (UPDATED: Surgery over and home) last minute surgery schedule change (UPDATED: Surgery over and home)

Unread 05-04-2011, 06:14 PM
last minute surgery schedule change (UPDATED: Surgery over and home)

The hospital just called and was going through my medical history prior to surgery tomorrow and she tells me to call the Dr. because the time the Drs. office had given me and the time the hospital had scheduled were not the same. I really don't need this today. Dr.s office said they had scheduled a little out-patient surgery between the 2 big ones. When the nurse described what was happening to me it really scared me. Taking out everything and the kitchen sink. I think it bothered me most by her saying I was one of the "big" ones. Yikes. Is this really happening? What if I panic and fall apart? I've held it together so far but I have had tears today for the first time.
On the positive side. Bowel cleanse has not been so bad. And even though I haven't eaten for almost 48 hours I am doing okay. Hand wringing and pacing!!!!! It should be all over 24 hours from now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2011, 06:54 PM
Re: last minute surgery schedule change

YOU will be okay. We will be thinking of you tomorrow. They removed everything of mine, too. I was one of their big ones, too. It's great that there is this sight for us to vent. Where else can you imagine would be turn to if it wasn't for all of us here at this site? Deep breaths and we'll be holding your hand every step of the way. Take care.
Unread 05-04-2011, 07:59 PM

you will be fine, actually by saying big shows they are being careful and will not dismiss you or treat you lightly so I see more that in a positive way. Please let us know how it goes when you can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2011, 11:42 PM

(((caraab)))

Hang in there! I'll be thinking about you and hoping that everything goes very smoothly!

Deb
Unread 05-05-2011, 12:51 AM

Good luck and i hope everything goes good for you..
God bless and take care........
Unread 05-10-2011, 03:56 AM

I hope your surgery went well. You have been in my thoughts since you responded to my post. Please let me know how things went.
Saying a little prayer for you.
Unread 05-10-2011, 03:51 PM

Well, needless to say, everything went well and I am home now. They called the day of the surgery and changed my time 2 more times. I ended up reporting at 8:45. Thanks for all your support. I am healing fast. Off the pain meds, just struggling with nausea and BM concerns. If not for that I would be GREAT. I love all the support from my "sisters" Thank you so much. I was prepared and informed. Only this nausea has thrown me for a loop. But I will deal with it a day at a time. Thanks. Cheryl

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register