The decision has been made!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The decision has been made!! The decision has been made!!

Unread 11-26-2001, 02:05 PM
The decision has been made!!

Hi--

I went down to the cancer clinic today and talked to some people. It turns out that there is one woman ahead of me for this clinical trial (chemotherapy implants) and she does not want to make up her mind until this Thursday whether or not she wants to go on this trial. The trial coordinator told me that there was a 75% chance that this woman would go on the trial, so I told the staff that I wanted to go ahead and start taking the oral chemotherapy drug (Hexalen). I just can't wait until Thursday to find out about the trial and I want to get started. I took my first dose earlier today and the only side effect I can tell so far is some fatigue -- they gave me some antinausea meds that seem to be working. Also, my hair won't fall out with this regimen (although I've learned that that's really not important in the scheme of things). I just feel so much better that I'm on something that will hopefully work. I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all of your support...

Love,

Cyndy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2001, 02:21 PM

WOOHOO Cyndy, you're on your way. I have tucked you into my heart for the duration of your treatment. prayers being said for you. I hope you have an easy time with it all and dont ever forget that we are here for you always x x x
Unread 11-26-2001, 02:23 PM

((((Cyndy)))))
Thats great that you have started on the oral chemo!! You are being very pro-active with your choice here,, and thats WONDERFUL!!!

So..what you are saying is that if this other lady does the trial one, you can't do it as well? And if she doesn't take it, then you can? I guess I am a bit confused on how that works.

But, the main thing is that you have started this, and who knows Cyndy, this oral treatment may be all you need!!

I completely agree about the hair thing. Having been through it once, hey...we will do what we have to do right?!!

And you will get through this, I just know it! I hope you don't find you are too tired with the new meds, and as I mentioned before the man that I know taking the pills has only had the fatigue as a side effect. No nausea at all. He is working full time while on it.

All the best my friend, and remember we are always here ok?!!
Keeping you in my prayers!
Love and big hugs to you!!!
xoxo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2001, 04:46 PM

I wish you the very best of luck with this oral treatment!! It sounds like the way I would have chosen too. Please keep us updated on how you are doing! No matter what, we are always here for you with the pom-poms in hand to cheer you on!
Unread 11-26-2001, 04:52 PM

That's great, Cyndy!

I have to admire your "step up to the plate and swing" attitude. You go, girl! So now you are on your way. Please keep us posted. You're in my prayers.

Unread 11-26-2001, 05:13 PM

Hi Cyndy
I am so glad to hear that your treatment is underway. I hope the side effects are
minimal. Are you planning on working throughout this time? Remember always that
we are here for you. And you will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers daily.
oxoxoxkarenann

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register