Humor ~ Funny Moment to Share? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Humor ~ Funny Moment to Share? Humor ~ Funny Moment to Share?

Unread 05-05-2011, 06:20 AM
Humor ~ Funny Moment to Share?

Hi all,

It occoured to me that on the post-op forum, we tend to post a lot of our woes and horror stories, which of course is fine, and necessary, but wow, I sure could use a laugh today. So I got to thinking---do any of us have funny moments or stories that have happened to us along the way of this rollercoaster of an experience that we think is funny?

A joke someone made? A funny moment with a nurse or doctor? Something cute your kids said or did for you? Maybe your hubby said or did something funny along the way? Maybe a bodily function happened at the wrong time, wrong place?

Just looking for a smile this morning. I'm uspet with hubby and feeling very emotional. Not sure how much is hubby and how much is the dreaded PMS, which seems to have settled in on me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2011, 06:58 AM
Re: Funny Moment to Share?

While I was in the recovery room, not being given enough pain meds from a nurse who didnt know what compassion was...the women next to ne wouldnt shut up- the main topic of her conversation was asking the nurses if they knew if the surgeon was circumcized, bc she couldnt imagine him having so much skin down there. At the timne I couldnt lugh due to being in soo much pain and miserable but now a highlights of my journey
Unread 05-05-2011, 07:19 AM

I posted this last Nov in another thread, but thought it might help you smile today. Hope things get better for you!

Kind of long story, I'll try to make it short(er):

My mom has a long hair cat that looks homeless. She has really matted fur, won't let my mom brush her or anything so my mom was talking about having her groomed. On the way to the hospital I saw a building that said "Brazillian Waxing" on the side we were approaching, and as we passed the building I glanced at the left hand side and it said "Pretty Kitty".

My mom just saw the "Pretty Kitty" part of the sign and wondered if they could groom her cat. I told her what the other side of the building said, and we just busted up. I told her if either one of us could pull it off w/out getting the giggles we should call. Can you imagine the conversation?

"Hi! I was wondering if you could groom my kitty. I'm not sure how it happened, but the hair is all matted and there are big knots in it."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2011, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIJACQUI View Post
While I was in the recovery room, not being given enough pain meds from a nurse who didnt know what compassion was...the women next to ne wouldnt shut up- the main topic of her conversation was asking the nurses if they knew if the surgeon was circumcized, bc she couldnt imagine him having so much skin down there. At the timne I couldnt lugh due to being in soo much pain and miserable but now a highlights of my journey
That made me laugh - I guess she was a bit out of it!!!
Unread 05-06-2011, 02:05 AM

Here's a story that is much funnier to me now than when it happened -

I had my LAVH on 3/22 and while I was waiting to be taken down for my surgery, our pastor came to visit to offer support and prayers. He had only been there a few moments when one of the pre-op nurses came in to take my vitals and ask me a "few questions". My pastor asked her if he should step out of the room and she told him no that it would be ok if he stayed.

She then proceeded to ask me "When was your last bowel movement?" - I turn red, my pastor turned red, my DH's mouth drops open!!! - I tell her "this morning". (If you're wonderining why the pastor doesn't leave now - he's stuck BEHIND the door and a stream of other people are coming in to start IVs etc.)

Nurse, "Was it normal?"
Me, "Um, yes." (more reddening of all parties except nurse of course.)

Nurse, "When was your last period?"
Me, "the 7th." (me wishing the floor would open - my poor pastor now redder than any human being I have ever seen!!)

Now adding to this, my mother who is an RN herself was in the corner about to choke trying not to laugh out loud.

By the time"Nurse I Don't have a Clue" gets finished, my poor pastor (bless his heart) cleared his throat, stated that he needed to get over to the ICU to visit another church family member, said a prayer with us, and practically RAN out of the room!!

I can look back on the whole thing now and laugh - I just hope I don't end up in a sermon some day!!!
Unread 05-06-2011, 02:39 AM

Cmcgall611, that IS funny!!!
Unread 05-06-2011, 01:39 PM

About 10 years ago my cousing was diagnosed with a life threatening disease, the hospital chaplin came to visit and above the bed are photos of the pet cat and dog.

You have to picture her laying in bed, critically ill, the chaplin, who was quite young, introduced himself and clearly looking for something to start a conversation with asked "HOW OLD'S YOUR *****?"

Suprisingly he didn't stay in the room much longer.
Unread 05-06-2011, 02:56 PM

Oh my gosh!!!! LOL!!!! That might even be worse than what happened to my pastor!!! )
Unread 05-10-2011, 08:22 PM

When I was in the hospital, I was visited by a steady stream of med students and interns. I felt really sorry for one socially uncomfortable intern who visited me on her own and must have been going through the standard set of questions. "Have you been up walking around much, yet?". I burst out laughing. There I was in bed with an IV, a catheter and my legs literally fastened to the bed with vascular pumps. The image of what I would have looked like if I had been up walking around just seemed so funny to me. Poor girl!
Unread 05-10-2011, 10:08 PM

The first evening after my surgery my parents brought my 9 year old son to visit me, he was sooo nervous to touch me and didnt know where to sit or what he could touch. My mom says to him "its ok Jake, u can touch her just watch out for her tummy" he says "why?" my mom replies "the Dr cut her open right there" Jakes face drops and he looks at me and says "Mommy, if the Dr cut u open how do all your parts stay in there?" we all laughed and explained how. I thought it was cute

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register