Officially have my surgery date but now there is another problem :( | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Officially have my surgery date but now there is another problem :( Officially have my surgery date but now there is another problem :(

Unread 05-12-2011, 02:47 AM
Officially have my surgery date but now there is another problem :(

Hi. I saw my gyno a few weeks ago and was given the option of a hysterectomy and had to think about it and get back to him. I decided to have it done and made another appointment to confirm with him and get all my paperwork.
As I live in a small rural town he comes up to a town half an hour form me once a week for consultations and he only operates at the hospital in the town i live every 2 months. As i couldn't see him for 3 weeks i was concerned that by then i would miss out on a surgery spot and have to wait until august so they pencilled me in awaiting confirmation for the gyno when i had my next appointment.
So i had my appointment the other day and it is all official now. Im still in the grieving stage for the baby that i had hoped to have if i got better so that is my biggest struggle.
But the new problems is severe upper abdominal pain. It started about a week and a half ago and is like nothing i have ever had before and it struck at the same time i had my period from hell, lucky me lol
Because of the constant pain killers i take of ibuprofen and codeine i thought i ma have a stomach ulcer form the ibuprofen.
I went and saw a G.P expecting to just get a script for some different painkillers to get me through until my hysterectomy that upset an ulcer if I have one.
Well, that didn't happen. I am told it could be an ulcer but from the amount of pain i have had, if it is an ulcer it could be bleeding or at risk of bleeding and also at risk of perforating my stomach wall and it could also be gall stones.
So I have to have a breath test that will pick up the bacteria that causes stomach ulcers but as mine is more likely caused by medication I also have to have an endoscopy next week. In 2 days i also have to have an abdominal ultrasound and a chest xray.
My hysterectomy is in 7 weeks so i have to get all this sorted before then.
It's just one more spanner in the works and i guess i will get through it im just worried about missing out on my hysterectomy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2011, 04:17 AM
Re: Officially have my surgery date but now there is another problem :(

It is good that you are getting the tests done now so they can figure out what it is. You really don't want to have surgery if there is another problem because it would delay healing, make it much tougher to recover. Docs are pretty careful about that due to high risk of post op problems. Hopefully everything will turn out ok and you will be ok for your hyst.
Unread 05-12-2011, 09:27 AM
Re: Officially have my surgery date but now there is another problem :(

I'm sorry you're going through so much. I agree with Kenyatta though - it's good to have all the tests before your surgery so they know exactly what's going on in your body.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register