Harry Potter | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-27-2001, 12:04 PM
Harry Potter

Well my daughter is absolutley addicted to Harry Potter. She is 8. She has read all 4 books twice. She bought her own Harry Potter Lunch bag with her own money. I have also read all the books as I wanted to be able to talk to her about them. I am also a huge fan. What great reading. You should read them you will be surprised.

Well last Friday we went to see the movie as a family.Truly enjoyable experience. The movie was wonderful and the special affects were amazing. The cast brought the books alive. Whoever was in charge of casting the characters did a great job.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen the movie!???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2001, 12:20 PM
Talking - Harry Potter Harry Potter

I too loved the movie, we went on the 2nd day that it showed. I was not sure I would like it. Dh and our 2 little ones (7 & 8) were the ones that read all the books, I never got into them, so I figured I wouldn't understand the movie, but I thought it was awesome. I will be reading the books now.

Bev
Unread 11-28-2001, 10:24 PM
Harry Potter

It opens here tonight, and I can hardly wait to see it! I'll probably see it at least twice -- once with my nephew, age 9-almost-10 (who has big glasses, a cowlick and a chickpox scar, but not lightning shaped, and near his brow on the outside) and again with some friends. I'll probably see it with different groups of friends, so it'll likely be three times.

I'm going to the original of course, they're doing a dubbed version also. I'm curious to see who gets to do the voices, but I want MAGGIE SMITH and co.!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2001, 07:47 PM
Loved it, but my 9y/o DD.......

My DD didn't like it. She got scared when Harry went into the library and the "face" came screaming out of the book. I loved the movie and so did my husband. Even my 6y/o DS loved it. I was amazed that he sat for that long with out having to go to the BR at least 6 times. He didn't move! My DD was looking forward to seeing it but cried thru half of it, but didn't want to leave. I think it may have helped if she had of read the book first. But I'd like to see it again!
Janie
Unread 12-12-2001, 01:06 AM
Smile - Harry Potter Next week...

We've finally set a date for a Harry Potter night - next Thursday, post Hanukkah, a late night un-dubbed showing.

Nothing against kids, some of us have them, and I'll be going with my nephew to a matinee also, but it'll be nice to savior it in relative quiet!

Is the first part sad because they show how bad things are for Harry and his aunt's and uncle's? Well, I remember as a kid having a good cry at David Copperfield, Bambi, and The Little Princess (original Shirley Temple, on tv, of course).

Children need a catharsis from time to time, just as adults do.
Unread 12-12-2001, 07:12 AM
Harry Potter

Marian,
The first part does tug at your heartstrings a bit but it doesn't last long because Harry's aunt and uncle their "just desserts" and Harry gets revenge on them without trying.

Your right that children need catharsis! I never thought about it.
My DD is such a sensitive child that she may need it more than normal. Thanks for the hint!

Enjoy the night!
Janie
Unread 12-12-2001, 10:46 AM
Hello

It is amazing to see how other people interpret this movie. My daughter who is the devoted Harry Potter fan cannot wait to see it again. My mom is returning from Mexico on Friday so for one of her Christmas presents we are paying for her to see the movie with my DD again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say she cannot wait

Unread 12-13-2001, 12:52 PM
Harry Potter

Well, My daughter just returned home from college last week for Christmas break. She said she was the only one at school that hadn't been to see it yet. (I think that is an exageration, but hey). So we went Monday 12-10 01 to see it. I went just so she didn't have to go alone. We went to the 12:30 matinee, thinking we wouldn't have a ton of little kids. (I love little kids, just not at the movies. ) Not only did we NOT have any little kids, we didn't have anyone. My daughter and I had our own private screening of Harry Potter. It seemed spooky until the movie started, then it was so enjoyable. Sort of like watching it in your living room. (The only thing missing was the pause button to we could use the bathroom. But we made it till the end.)
It was a great movie. Not just for the kids. Wonderful casting. Now I'm reading my daughter's copy of the book. When will movie #2 come out to go along with book 2.
Unread 12-14-2001, 10:33 PM
Harry Potter

I love Harry Potter! I bought the books for my son when they first came out.... He kept telling me I should read them... Well after surgery I wanted something different from the usual adult books. These were just what I needed! Very entertaining and not so emotional that I end up crying!!!

After the third book I HAD to see the movie and I LOVED it... I want to see it again! I'm on the fourth book now... They are a little scary for the little kids I think.... But It's good to be able to read a "children's" book and not look goofy!!! My son and I have fun discussing it too....

My favorite character was Hermione... she reminds me of me when I was little
Unread 12-15-2001, 04:10 AM
Harry Potter fan

Hi to all, so glad that you too are fans. I ignored the hype over the books at first (my children are over the ages they were supposedly written for) but did buy the first three for my youngest daugher to read on holiday last year. However, my 18 year old needed a book to take her mind off a traumatic happening (she had a very minor shunt in the car!) and became absolutely entranced. I then read them too and saw why. When No 4 was published I was there at the bookshop on publication day to get a hard copy version because we all agreed we couldn't wait for the paperback. We have all seen the film twice! I think particularly this year when we have all had the tragedy of September 11th to cope with it is good to have also shared in a delightful "feel good" experience too.
Happy Christmas to you all

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register