91/2 wks post op, painful intercourse,pulling stitches from incisions & vaginal wall | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

91/2 wks post op, painful intercourse,pulling stitches from incisions & vaginal wall 91/2 wks post op, painful intercourse,pulling stitches from incisions & vaginal wall

Unread 05-28-2011, 02:49 PM
91/2 wks post op, painful intercourse,pulling stitches from incisions & vaginal wall

Heather28;3483050]Hello, just had a hysterectomy w/ abdominal sacral colpopexy on 03/23/2011 due to prolapse of the cervix and uterus. Since then I have pulled 2 "dissolvable" stitches from 2 out of 4 of my incisions and had to go to urgent care to have one removed from my vaginal wall! Followed up with the doctor that performed the surgery and he gave me instruction on how to take care of the wounds at home, but never made any attempt to fix the problem at his office. Intercourse is painful. Doesn't feel tight, but feels like my husband is hitting something, almost a pulling feeling and the stitches in my vaginal wall poke him during intercourse. I have also lost desire and have fear of pain,so even when I'm in the mood I don't want to. There is nothing about sex that even feels good anymore almost like I have lost sensation in that area. I'm only 28 and don't know what to do about any of this. I originally went to the doctor because of 2 years pain with intercourse that gradually got worse and that's when I found out about my prolapse. I just want to feel normal and enjoy intimacy with my husband again. If anybody has any advice about any of my problems I would be more than happy to hear it. I'm too young to feel like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2011, 03:47 PM
Re: 91/2 wks post op, painful intercourse,pulling stitches from incisions & vaginal w

I would suggest that you go back to the doctor and tell him or her what you have said here. Something isn't right or you might need some vaginal hormones. I am not a doctor so I really don't have any idea on how to help except for what I have said already which was to go back to your doctor. Sending you a cyber-hug in hope it makes you feel a bit better.
Unread 05-29-2011, 07:48 PM
Re: 91/2 wks post op, painful intercourse,pulling stitches from incisions & vaginal w

I am so sorry for you Heather28! I agree with Danni - you definitely need to see a doctor to have your problems corrected! Your situation is definitely NOT an "Oh well, just gonna have to live with it" one since you cannot live with it. If you don't have a lot of confidence in your current doctor you should definitely get a second opinion about what is going on and to get it corrected! Please have the courage to get yourself taken care of. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2011, 08:26 PM

You MUST go back to the doctor and have him do something to repair it.
If not, get another opinion asap and get it taken care of by the new doctor.

Good luck!
Unread 06-07-2011, 08:58 PM

Thank-you so much for all of your support. As an update I did happen to go back to see my doc. He said that I have granulation of the vaginal cuff and my "dissolving" stitches in the cuff are embedded in the granulation tissue. He seemed a little nervous and suggested another surgery to remove the tissue and replace the stitches because the cuff isn't healing improperly. Needless to say i am in pain on a daily basis from the embedded stitches poking me and the doc said he can't schedule my surgery until July because he is going on vacation the last two weeks of June!Must be nice!!! I already have an appointment scheduled with another doc for a second opinion on the 14th of June. Will keep everyone posted on the status of my case
Unread 06-07-2011, 10:36 PM

Good.
Just get it taken care of asap.

Sorry for all of the problems.
Unread 06-08-2011, 09:39 PM

So glad you have some answers. All the best with your appointment on the 14th.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register