Scheduled LSH two days to go (kids mentioned) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

two days to go (kids mentioned) two days to go (kids mentioned)

Unread 05-31-2011, 04:11 AM
two days to go (kids mentioned)

I am really having a hard time trying to get my head around the upcoming surgery. I am not scared of the actual surgery but of the recovery and emotional rollercoaster that I am bound to face. I am afraid that I will regret my decision to have this surgery.

Even right now as I am crampy and having pain in my left ovary I can't help but wonder is the pain really that bad? I don't have my own children and I am feeling right now like I am failing myself and my dreams of having biological children. I have looked through the aching hearts and everyone seems so sad, I really am hoping there are women out there who had to do the same thing that I did and don't regret their choice.

I know it is the right one I just feel so **** mad that I had to make the choice between being pain free or being baby free. I hate this, it is so hard....sigh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2011, 10:09 AM
Re: two days to go (kids mentioned)

Hi, I read your post my surgery is june 8 and I have no kids as well. I was so career bound until kids was second. Now I sit here and wonder did I make the right decisions. Yes I did.. I may not me a mother naturally, But I hve a lot of kids in the community and neigborhoods that treat me like one. I am sure you have some too..
Unread 05-31-2011, 03:44 PM

I am SO glad I read your post. I am having my surgery on June 24th. I am 40 and have no biological children. We adopted our 2 kids (son 11 years ago and daughter 9 years ago) before I even knew I had this huge grapefruit in my belly! We just couldn't get pregnant. I didn't care why, we just went right for adoption..let me tell you..I ADORE my kiddies. Funny thing about adopting..you forget that you did not give birth to them! You are so busy raising them, practices, sports, school, etc that you just blend as a family. My kids could NOT be more MY kids. Of course we are very very open about their adoptions and the older they get the more they talk about searching which I am all for. I want them to know their WHOLE history, not just when we became a family. I hope you keep this option in mind because it has been so wonderful for us. I love my "2 babies" so much. I could not imagine my life without them, born to me or not. I hope everything goes well for you..wishing you the best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2011, 01:00 AM

I cannot say I know how you are feeling when it comes to kids as I don't. I do know the consequences of chronic pain though, having gone through 6 years of 24/7 migraines and then the 24/7 pain in my uterus for so long.

Chronic pain is depressing and debilitating. I could not live with it anymore. It affected my life so badly. Only you can decide if you think you can live with that.

I wish you all the best.
Unread 06-01-2011, 05:43 AM

I turned 40 in December before my surgery in February. I have no children and have never been married. I do not regret my decision one bit. I am now 3.5 months post-op. The relief from the pain & bleeding far out weigh the idea of having my own biological children. I tell everyone my sister was nice enough to give birth to my children. I adore my 2 nieces (almost 17 & almost 9). I also say that I am open to adoption. Good Luck with your surgery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register