New Diagnosis - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New Diagnosis New Diagnosis

Unread 12-04-2001, 08:30 PM
New Diagnosis

Gina:

I can't add much more than the ladies before me have. They know the ropes. Cyd is right. The wait is the hardest part.

I'll be going back to Alaska in the summer of 2003 (maybe 2002 I hope). I'll have to look for you and RobinS.

I'll be thinking about you, wishing you the best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2001, 10:06 PM
New Diagnosis

Thanks Linda - I got an appointment scheduled with the gyn/onc Dr Higdon on the 19th. At least now I know when I'll get to talk to her.

Are you from Ak?
Unread 12-04-2001, 11:00 PM
Hi Linda & Paulani

Linda -I would like to meet people from this site. Let me know when you are coming!

Paulani - I am so glad you got an appt. to see Dr. Higdon. I hope you like her as much as I do. She is an excellent gyn/oncologist.

Take Care Both of You - RobinS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2001, 04:13 AM
New Diagnosis

No, I'm not from Alaska. I just want to go there all the time.

In 1998, my hubby, step-daughter, and I drove to Alaska. We had such a wonderful time. It was our vacation of a lifetime. Before we even got home, we were talking about our next trip. We didn't get to see anything around Anchorage. We only spent the night there on our way somewhere else.

One our favorite trips while there was to Barrow. I think my favorite was the North Pole. I loved riding down Santa Claus Lane to see Santa. He was the best **-**-hoer I've ever heard.

More than anything, I want to go to Kenai and watch the brown bears eating salmon.

I'd better stop. I could go on forever. All that's probably old hat to you guys.

Oh, the northern lights. Is that as cool as I've heard?
Unread 12-05-2001, 08:04 AM
New Diagnosis

I've lived here off and on since I was a child and I've still never flown out to Barrow! I have family all over the state, but it gets really expensive to travel up here since you can't drive everywhere.

We just moved into Anchorage from Bethel a year and a half ago. We've been really happy here, it's a great city.

The night after Thanksgiving, we saw the most incredible northern lights I've ever seen. We had just seen The Nutcracker and noticed the lights as we were leaving. We drove to a park and sat and watched for about 1/2 hour. They filled the entire sky and were dancing all over. So, yes - they're really cool but you'd have to come up in the winter to really see them.
Unread 12-05-2001, 02:12 PM
New Diagnosis

Yeah, I guess you're not getting much daylight about now. One thing we loved when we were there (in June/July) was the abundance of daylight. Hubby can drive and drive, so we saw so much. Made for long days, but it's not every day you get to go to Alaska.

Barrow was very interesting. It's pretty amazing when you realize you're sticking your hand in the Arctic Ocean. All the whale jaw bones on the beaches was pretty cool too. It was sorta expensive. In 98, it was $400/person from Fairbanks. For us, it was worth it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register