Silly Questions About HRT Patch | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Silly Questions About HRT Patch Silly Questions About HRT Patch

Unread 06-23-2011, 04:03 AM
Silly Questions About HRT Patch

So apparently not only has my brain decided not to shut off for the night, but now it has decided to go slap happy or into complete worry-wort mode.

So forgive these questions, I know they are completely utterly SILLY!

And if nothing else I hope they give someone a good laugh because I'm laughing just by thinking and actually asking them, and it sure feels good to laugh, even if it is the middle of the night.

So I'm changing my patch and I get to thinking........

Gosh, instructions say when taking the old patch off to let the area dry for 15 minutes and then try to remove residue.
What happens if I get some of the old residue on my fingers and don't immediately wash it off????

Because as soon as I remove the old one, I clean the new area for the next patch with an alcohol pad. While that's drying I ready the new patch to stick it on.

Now I don't know why but in order to appropriately see where I'm putting the patch I have to use one hand to hold my boob out of the way of my vision. Don't know why it's in the way it's only a "B" but whatever.

So I get to thinking, you aren't supposed to get Estrogen anywhere near your breasts so will the old residue from the old patch transfer to the boob I'm holding out the way??? Is that bad???

Then I'm holding the new patch on and trying to secure all the edges really well and every time so far I come away with sticky fingers because the edges stick to my fingers, so as soon as I'm done I run and wash my hands really well.

But is it really a huge deal if the residue transfers elsewhere??? In my mind I'm thinking that if I transfer the Estrogen to a faucet or something and the next person to use it happens to be my male neighbor.....Ummm did I just cause a problem???

And what about those dad gum sticky edges, do they always pop up on everyone??? By the 2cd day of the patch all the little corners are coming up. I haven't had one fall of yet, I'm constantly pushing the little corners back down. But do the corners come up for everyone???

Then of course I sit down and realize that this time I wasn't as careful of where I put this patch and it's in a crease on my hip. I've been careful to make sure the patch is on a smooth area of my skin so it doesn't get folded or crinkled when I sit down, but I'm running out of new places to put it.
I did check this time around to0, but I sat on a stool and picked a spot and then stood up to put it on.

Then I sit down on my squishy leather couch to write this sillyness post and check it because it feels funny, and uh-oh it's in a double crease of skin.
Problem???? Or not???? Anyone else notice if there patch creases or not when they sit???

Am I completely OCD or what, like I said, silly, laughing while writing.

Be honest, are you all laughing your butts off, or does anyone else actually think about these things???

Going to go try to put my crazy brain to bed now. Thanks for listening. Hugs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2011, 08:57 AM
Re: Silly Questions About HRT Patch

Hi Charmedlinz,

I have thought of each of your questions! I now put my bra on before I put on a new patch LOL! I think I just put my new patch in a crease on my hip. I usually sit on the bed to find a non-crease spot and for some reason didn't do that this morning! I was hurrying, my only excuse. I wait until the next day to take the old patch glue off. If I do that in the shower I worry my teenage daughter may take a bath later OMG OCD! Glad I'm not the only one

Thanks for the day brightener!!!

Teresa
Unread 06-23-2011, 09:14 AM

ok....you did make me laugh....now I look silly sitting at the computer just giggling!

The funny thing is I have to move my boob out of the way to see too. And I'm always really paranoid about touching the old patch...not sure what I'm afraid of since its already been stuck to me for 3 days. I guess I'm afraid I'm going to give someone else estrogen! oh no! Like its a contagious disease!
I have to say I don't have any problems with my patch sticking....it sometimes hurts like a bandaid when I take it off. I'm on the Vivelle Dot...not sure which one you're using. I've started putting in on my upper butt cheeks (sorry tmi!) but it seems to stick really well there and for some reason it leaves less residue. ???
Anyway...rest assured...you're not the only one!! I hope you got some sleep....I was up at 4:00am too...so tired of waking up every night! Makes for sleepy days.

Thanks for making my laugh!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2011, 12:36 AM

Thank you both for making me laugh as well and making me feel that I'm not alone in my silly little thoughts, it's very reassuring.

I use the Vivelle as well and they see to stick pretty darn good, but the corners come up a bit.

Getting blood drawn tomorrow and depending on Estradiol level I really want to try my butt instead of my belly.

Feels good to laugh though I must say, even if I do have to hold the pillow to the tummy to do so.

Hugs for tonight!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register