No Uterus :( Now what? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No Uterus :( Now what? No Uterus :( Now what?

Unread 06-25-2011, 08:16 AM
No Uterus :( Now what?

Hi Ladies....I am about 18 days post op...had my uterus with fibroids removed and some endometriosis and adhesions removed from the bladder due to c sections...HOWEVER my question is this...I think I am due to have a period soon...can anyone share their experiences...anyone have some spotting????with my cervix still there, any one have that pre period discharge??bloating????i was hoping that my need to wear a panti liner everyday of my life would be or is over....because they irritated me with having to wear them all the time....thank you dont know what to expect
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2011, 09:49 AM
Re: No Uterus :( Now what?

Just to share, for me, after the surgery, I did not have any spotting & got rid of the panty liners for good!
Unread 06-25-2011, 12:54 PM

If you still have your cervix you can have 'mini periods'.
They seem to be not as heavy as normal periods, but I've read here they can last till 5 days. But the doctor can cauterize it and then its over.
But that's what I've read here, my cervix is gone, so no experience of my own.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2011, 02:13 PM

Hi Lisav43, I still have my period and haven't had any discharge. That being said, I have yet to get rid of my sanitary supplies...just in case. I have had some PMS symptoms, but they are nothing compared to pre-hysterectomy. At the most I've taken 1 dose of Aleve and it's done.

Good luck!
Unread 06-25-2011, 02:14 PM

Ask your dr if he/she cauterized the cervix. That is "supposed" to stop the possiblilty of mini's but doesn't always work. If you do have a mini, it will probably be spotting for anywhere from a few hours to 5 days. Which totally sucks, I know! If you know when your cycle is suppossed to start I'd were a panty liner for a few days around that date just to be careful and hopefully you won't get it. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! The nice thing is that most women report that they stop after about a year. Check out the post-op articles and you will see one on mini's to give you more info. Good luck!
Unread 06-25-2011, 06:11 PM

Hi again, I meant to say I still have my uterus and haven't had any mini periods. I do still get PMS, nothing one dose of Aleve won't get my mind off of.
Unread 06-26-2011, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatziLKF View Post
Hi again, I meant to say I still have my uterus and haven't had any mini periods. I do still get PMS, nothing one dose of Aleve won't get my mind off of.
I am confused, think you mean you still have your cervix?
Since you had a hysterectomy?
Unread 06-26-2011, 06:56 AM

my friend had a hysterectomy and kept the cervix then she started having the Mini periods so she had to go back and get her cervix removed because the bleeding was one of her problems.

so when my turn came I made sure my surgeon removed it. I just did not want to go thru surgery again and did not want to worry about Cervical Cancer.
Unread 06-26-2011, 08:42 AM

I had LSH, kept my cervix and ovaries. Knowing about the mini periods, I was a little worried but my first cycle came and went post op and no bleeding. I did have regular pms symptoms in a lighter manner, but all was well. Hoping it continues like this. My dr. did take extra care to cauterize all the way around my cervix so I didn't have further bleeding issues because I was having the uterus removed for heavy bleeding.
Unread 06-26-2011, 08:54 AM

Oh jeez. I don't know why I keep getting it wrong. Guess I'm not thinking straight. Yes, I still have my cervix but no I don't get mini periods (going on my 3rd cycle since surgery, get PMS & a bit of cramping but that's it). DR warned me that I could get mini periods even though she cauterized but I haven't as of yet.

Sorry for the confusion.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register