Disgusted As Ever | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Disgusted As Ever Disgusted As Ever

Unread 12-02-2001, 08:09 PM
Disgusted As Ever

Hi Sisters....
Well, I am here to cry on you all's shoulders again. I have had it. I am at the end of my rope. As I had stated the last time I was here, I was searching for a new gyn. Well, I have had very little luck. No docs want to take me on because of the matter being so delicate. I have called over 13 gyn offices, and they all tell me the same thing. The jerk that did my hyst has to release me before they will see me. So, as bad as I hated to do it, I called and made an appointment with him, only for the purpose of telling him I wanted nothing more to do with him, and I want him to release me so I can find a new doc. Well, I called his office, and they told me he is on vacation until Dec. 18th. So, I have to sit around and wait until then. This is all so rediculous! I am suffering, and I feel as though I am standing in a crowded room screaming to the tops of my lungs and no one can here me. I want so much to get better and to get my life back. The infections are still present, and now I am spotting from my vagina and passing blood from my rectum...and not to mention all the blood in my urine. This is aweful. I cannot make love to my husband because it is just too painful, I can't stand for my kids to sit on my lap because my stomach is too sore....I am so depressed. It amazes me the way women are treated in the medical field. I have all but lost hope. I am afraid I am going to get so sick that I won't make it, and that scares me to death. I want to be around to see my kids grow up.
Well, I just need to vent. I love all of you dearly for the support you give, and for the prayers. I hope all of you are doing well. Thanks for lending an ear.
Anita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2001, 09:21 PM
Disgusted As Ever

{{Anita}},
Do you have a PCP that could possibly see you? With some of the symptoms your experiencing you need to be seen ASAP. Cry on our shoulders anytime, thats what we are here for. Without my Sisters I dont think I could have made it thru some of the roughest times of my life! What about an urgent care center? I wish I could be of more help but I can be here for support. I know all to well the frustration of no one listening or wanting to help It has always helped me to know others out there understand and lend support. We cant fix the problem but we are always here for one another. I'm sorry you are having such a rough time. Please keep us updated, we care My prayers will be with you that you can find relief to all this soon....
Unread 12-03-2001, 04:31 AM
Disgusted As Ever

'S Anita,

I am so sorry you are feeling so poorly...and I agree with {{Sheri}} that you need medical care ASAP.

I'm wondering...is there someone who is looking after your gyn's practice while he is on vacation? If so, can he/she release you? This may get the ball rolling a little sooner for you sweetie.

Please do go and get some medical attention...and let us know how you are doing.

Here's another
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2001, 05:14 AM
Disgusted As Ever

Anita,
I am so sorry for the shabby treatment you are receiving. I am also so sorry that you are feeling so poorly. Perhaps you could go to the ER? I wish that I could do something to help. I am absolutely appalled that you can't find another doctor to see you. :burning:
Sending lots of s
Unread 12-03-2001, 05:25 AM
Disgusted As Ever

Anita,

First let me offer a I am so sorry to hear of how you are being treated. I don't understand why another doctor won't see you without your present doctor releasing you. I have never run into this problem myself. It isn't as if your present doctor has some kind of "ownership" over you. Grrrrrrr

I agree with the others, you need to be seen ASAP. Possibly if you went to your family doctor then he/she could refer you out to another doctor if need be and maybe that would be a way around this. If not, then I agree with KimM ....... head to the ER, they can't refuse to treat you there.

I really hope that you find some help very soon. Please keep us posted.
Unread 12-04-2001, 07:24 AM
Disgusted As Ever

You are right about everything. I, too, had a bad experience with my doctor and am searching for a new one. It is so hard to do to navigate through finding a doctor that takes your insureance to getting an appointment and asking for help and a second opinion about how the surgery was done. It is really an emotional roller coaster that is so hard to be on when we are trying to heal from surgery. I understand what you are going through, really. I, too, have had infections and don't feel as though they are cleared and don't know where to turn exactly.

Blessings and be well and keep in touch,
Margie
Unread 12-04-2001, 08:08 PM
Doctor shopping

I've had lots of pain (4 weeks TVH). My surgeon says it is a bruised tailbone area, gave me muscle relaxers, and told me to lie flat for a week. He also said my urine looked potentially infected so I got antibiotics for that. I didn't trust this outcome so I saw my PCP. She's sending me to a proctologist to see if I have hemmrhoids or leisions or an abcyss causing the sever pain. My PCP was willing to do that but wouldn't remove the cath the surgeon put in me. So... I have another painful trip (hurts to stand, walk or sit) to the surgeon on Friday just to remove the cath!
If the PCP didn't do anything, my next stop was the hospital Emergency Room. They have never turned me down!!!!
Maybe try the ER?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register