progestestrone cream w/ .05 vivelle patch | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

progestestrone cream w/ .05 vivelle patch progestestrone cream w/ .05 vivelle patch

Unread 06-26-2011, 08:31 PM
progestestrone cream w/ .05 vivelle patch

can you use this cream with hormone patch..cant sleep. gaining wieght.i use the 05 and i am confused on this estrogen thing..to much to little i have read the symtoms and i seem to be in both catagorys of low estrogen and progestron..i had everything removed please hel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2011, 04:19 PM
Re: progestestrone cream w/ .05 vivelle patch

I use progesterone and have used it since I was about six months post op. That doesn't necessarily mean that you need it also. Some women do, some don't. Have you spoken with your doctor about your symptoms?

Unread 07-03-2011, 01:05 PM

i called they said it was ok to use..i got the wild yam kind and got freaked out about the cancer..my only problem is i am not sleeping i cant get to sleep nor do i stay asleep..i can take the lil bit of warmth..when i put the cream on in the day i am tired. at night it has done nothing for the inomina....i hate sleeping aids..i hate the wight gain..good lord..is there any ansewer? thank you for the reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2011, 01:11 PM

Wild yam cream??? Does it say "USP progesterone" ? Check the label and be sure it lists "USP Progesterone". If it doesn't say that, it is not progesterone and is unlikely to do anything for you. It is true that progesterone is made from wild yam, but if the ingredients don't list USP progesterone, it is not progesterone at all.
Unread 07-05-2011, 09:58 AM

thanks for the info..i hear it causes cancer?..i am not sleeping. i am lost at what to do..i tried it and i felt like i was having pms..any ideas on how to sleep..i look at all the symtoms and i have all of the to little. and the weight gain..sheesh does this ever go away?
Unread 07-05-2011, 04:12 PM

What causes cancer? Progesterone? Where did you hear this?
Unread 07-06-2011, 12:39 PM

it was on the lable..and i have read about it..mine did say usp.made from wild yam..it made me feel like i had pms..this patch has me freaked out..i am not sleeping i get dizzy and since i have put it on i have been a train wreck. going on friday to see why...do you use the patch
Unread 07-06-2011, 06:00 PM

No, I don't use the patch. Progesterone does not cause cancer. There is some confusion between progestin and progesterone. They are not the same. You are still fairly early post op, you may need to give the patch some more time, you may also need to up the dose, there is a .075 and a .1

Glad you have an appointment so you can discuss with your doctor.

Unread 07-07-2011, 10:54 AM

oh..thanks for clearing that up..i am such a sleepless mess..it was about 6 weeks after surgery this started happening..and a bunch of bizzare things..its good to know i am not alone

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register