Seriously.. How rude.. I am sooo upset! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Seriously.. How rude.. I am sooo upset! Seriously.. How rude.. I am sooo upset!

Unread 06-29-2011, 10:34 AM
Seriously.. How rude.. I am sooo upset!

Okay, I know I did an oops.. but it was an accident in a moment of panic and I don't feel like my doctor or her office should make me feel like crap.

Went to the dr this morning. Got there and was the only patient. My doctor was standing around chatting with her coworkers about the night before. So basically I could hear everything from my room. Like.. the nurses explaining that I saw a spider and decided to move the bed... all laughed.. "well.. duh.. now she's hurt.. and she wanted pain meds but NO she shouldn't have decided to move furniture around" as someone else says "go figure" Doctor comes in 30 minutes later to say "Why on earth did you decide to move furniture" I started crying at that point and explained about waking up with a brown recluse on my face and maybe I wasn't thinking too clearly.. She then got all honkerblonky and told me that was ridiculous I am not to move anything and shouldn't be doing more than sitting around until 6-8 weeks.. then she checked me said I didn't do permanent damage and left. So now in my emotional state I have been sitting around crying all morning.. I wish I would have thrown something on them.. could have blamed the hormones

My husband and sister both are outraged and want call the office.. but I just want to forget it and never go back.. it was so embarrassing.. am I overreacting?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2011, 11:02 AM
Re: Seriously.. How rude.. I am sooo upset!

I don't know how you kept from saying something to them! I would call the office!
Unread 06-29-2011, 11:22 AM

If I woke up with a spider on my face, I would have definitely caused some kind of damage! You are NOT over reacting. That doctor and the nurses were rude to you and should be ashamed of themselves. I don't see anything wrong with your hubby calling them either. They need to be reminded how to be descent human beings. I hope you are able to get some rest and know that we are here for you. ((HUGS))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2011, 11:36 AM

Hugs to you, you are definately not overreacting. If you don't want to call them, have your DH do it!! They are being rediculous towards you!
Unread 06-29-2011, 08:37 PM

I'd let your hubby call too. Very rude of them! They need to know that you heard everything. It is very unprofessional of them. If I woke to a spider on my face, or even on the ceiling, I would have done permanent damage just by jumping out of bed and screaming!
Unread 06-29-2011, 09:41 PM

I urge you to either call yourself or let your DH do it. Not only was their behavior rude and unprofessional but your dr's treatment was very callous. I would have freaked out if a spider was on me much less a brown recluse! Did she even give you something for the pain? If not I would go to the E.R. if you still need something. Good luck! (((hugs)))
Unread 06-29-2011, 09:58 PM

That sucks!! Why should you feel embarrased? You did NOTHING wrong!! If you really do like your Dr (up until this point ) I would call her myself and let her know how you feel AND what you heard and let her feel remorse! GOOD LUCK!! TINABOP
Unread 06-29-2011, 11:26 PM

WTH You didn't do anything wrong! I would have done the same exact thing! And seriously, why didn't you say to them "hey jack***es, I heard everything you just said?" I would let your husband and/or sister call. Let them rip into them!
Unread 06-30-2011, 12:57 AM

Yes for real! Let your hubby and sister get em! Medical personnel need to be reminded sometimes that we're human beings and NOT specimens! I hate that!
If I woke up with a brown recluse on my face I would have bounced around the room like popcorn and needed new stitching and a triple bypass!! You did good sister! Now let 'em have it!
Extra hug and love to you!!
Unread 06-30-2011, 05:30 AM

O M G if I had woken up and even seen a spider let alone had one anywhere near my body I would have freaked out, jumped out of bed and refused to go back in the room unless they could prove to me they have caught it and disposed of it. I would have caused myself an injury.

The staff should know that they can be heard from where you where, surely when they are treating you they can hear other staff talking.

Taking out of the picture the fact that you moved the bed, you asked for pain meds, they had a duty of care to you and should have ensured you were treated. If you don't feel up to talking to the doc ask your hubby to or write it down and send them a letter explaining your feelings.

They are and should be professional.

Take care of you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register