New to HRT | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-29-2011, 10:49 PM
New to HRT

Hello
Just found out I have to have my ovaries removed due to complications of endo/cysts that are growing big. I had a hysterectomy last summer. Ugh! Anyways, I am 43 and trying to navigate through the menopausal maze for the first time, earlier then I ever thought......

I am wondering what meds (or natural meds) work for women out there. My doctor is talking about the "patch" and of course standard medications. I am going to research bio-identical HRT meds as well. I saw your list of books. The one from Uzzi Reiss looks good on Natural Hormone Balance.

It would appear a couple of women like the "estrotest" as well. I am scared to death what this will do to my quality of life. But I brave it as many of us do.

Does anyone know what HRT does to your thyroid? I am on Armour and a little bit of t3 Cytomel. I feel great too!

Thanks!
And thanks for this site!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2011, 10:41 PM
Re: New to HRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIBRAGRL View Post
It would appear a couple of women like the "estrotest" as well. I am scared to death what this will do to my quality of life. But I brave it as many of us do.
I have taken a Estratest (or a generic) for nearly eight years and have found nothing about it to be the least bit scary. In the USA, drugs are very well-tested and this one has been around for decades. If it was causing users harm I think we would have heard about it long ago.

I hope that in partnership with your doctor you find the HRT regimen that turns out to be the best one for you. There's lots of products out there; through the years millions of women have benefited from using them.

s,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register