cystocele repair failed, porcine mesh has to come out | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues > Mesh Erosion Support

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

cystocele repair failed, porcine mesh has to come out cystocele repair failed, porcine mesh has to come out

Unread 07-06-2011, 12:13 AM
cystocele repair failed, porcine mesh has to come out

Had all my repairs last october with porcine mesh in one spot. Constant pain since. My surgeon uro/gyn was most unhelpful giving me 10 tylenol with codeine to last me 3 months, totally "baffled" as to why i have pain. Saw my original urologist ( i am a kidney stone factory) and he did some testing and today told me after an exam that he can feel the porcine mesh, it is right where my pain is and that my bladder has already fallen again....ugh

So i will have surgery AGAIN to take out the porcine mesh and to stitch my bladder back up. He said that all mesh whether synthetic or not has the possibilty of having issues.

Any idea on what the recovery is like from this? those of you who have had mesh removal? It took me 3 months for my hysterectomy and all repairs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2011, 09:17 AM
Re: cystocele repair failed, porcine mesh has to come out

I'm sorry you are going through this. How is he going to fix it? If you had the repairs in October 9 months ago, something doesn't seem right for them to already have failed. Did your body reject the porcine?

I had a porcine midurethral sling, and my body absorbed it. It was nowhere to be found.

I was VERY VERY VERY leary to have synthetic sling after reading all these stories. Like many women on here, I really believe it comes down to placement and expertise of Dr.

I just had a Davinci Sacrocolpopexy and a TVT sling. I'm only a month out, but no issues. Well, I do have issues but not related to the sling. I also think Davinci is the future way to go for these procedures too. I adore my new Dr and have really learned a lot about finding the best one, asking a lot of questions and feeling comfortable with that Dr. My Dr see's you for an entire year to ensure there are no complications.

Best wishes to you, and I hope this next surgery provides you with the outcome you deserve.
Unread 07-07-2011, 12:49 PM
Re: cystocele repair failed, porcine mesh has to come out

he is going to fix it with just plain old stitches, he says his office doesn't like to put mesh in anywhere except for the urethra slings

he can still feel the mesh and nice hard surface through my vagina, i am having constant pain in both my bladder and in my vaginal area. he said either i have nerve entrapment or my body doesn't like the porcine, he said all meshes can have issues, they are foreign to our bodies, some do fine while others can have issues, even with biological ones....

left a message for my surgeon today on what urologist has said, curious to what his reaction will be,

i don't know why the cystocele failed, possibly just insufficient tissue with me, i don't know, maybe it can never hold

i have to try the surgery route again, because the possibility of living with no pain urges me on, i had no pain before surgery and have had constant pain since surgery

i am sooooo depressed, doubled my meds today because i just did not want to get out of bed.

today is a BAD day

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register