finally getting some help! maybe this could help | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

finally getting some help! maybe this could help finally getting some help! maybe this could help

Unread 12-04-2001, 09:42 PM
finally getting some help! maybe this could help

I am FINALLY getting some relief from the pains I've had since my surgery in July. After the gyn/urologist and reg. Dr. didn't know what to do with me-the GYN sent me to a Phy. therapist (PT) specializing in "this" area. she is GREAT> she knows more about the pelvic/vaginal area than anyone would care to- she is sure I have some scar tissus/adhesions still from the operation- I work with her to relax muscles, pelvic floor,etc, control bladder problems and pain and scar massage- along with TENS and other things. she also is helping me get back a sex life!(still hurts)- I still have pelvic/bladder pain, but the level has dropped considerably since just a few weeks ago! so, for all you who are having pain-and if this seems appropriate- try it! of course, usually you'll need the Dr's referral-and even with insurance, it's not cheap= but for me, it's been a godsend. she also is going to help me with fibromyalgia and other pains. I am SO glad to have found this help. please, ladies, don't give up. I know it won't work for all of you= and I still have a long road to go- but if I can get help- anyone can!!!! good luck and tons of hugs. thank you ALL for your support,too. email anytime.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2001, 06:03 AM

Yeah Delora!
I'm so happy for you! I'm so glad that you've finally found someone to help and that you're getting some relief. Keeping my fingers, toes, and :eyes: crossed for you! We're here you on.
Unread 12-06-2001, 10:09 AM

thanks. you are so kind! I really wish more women had looked at this-or responded???. I see a lot of them with a lot of pain similar to what I have. A GYN PT really could help some of them, I think! I'm not a DR., of course, but(this seems so simple!) with just relaxing some muscles, my pain is def. less. that's amazing to me because I never thoought anyone could ever help me. I was regretting my hyster. now, I am not! again, I am not pain free= and it still comes and goes pretty intensely-but just knowing I am believed helps a lot! Drs. cut and go. Pts seem to want to help! just some thoughts and suggestions. I hate suffering and I really hate to see other women suffer,too! now if I could just get thru. work and other problems!...in any case, Kim, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2001, 10:37 AM

Hi there, sorry I was slow in responding, I just got my PT papers last night, sadly I have to wait three months to get in for it, but at least I"m on the list!!

I am so happy that you are getting some relief from your pain....sometimes a little break can make all the difference can't it?

please let us know how you continue to do!!
Unread 12-06-2001, 04:39 PM

thanks. good luck to you! too bad you have to wait so long. I hope in the meantime, you feel better...unfort., today, for some stupid reason :confuse: I feel worse today. still not as bad as a few weeks ago,tho. NO kidding about a break from pain! you hang in there and I'll try and update you as I go. I'm booked every week til Jan. 30 with the PT. the GYn is seeing me again on the 20th. I think she is finally happy,too, that I am not whining to her anymore!!!! thanks for the support!
Unread 12-07-2001, 07:44 AM

That is wonderful news Delora
I tried PT, several months ago, for my Pelvic and abdominal pain along with some massages for the Fibro. I couldnt move after the massages Also couldnt tolerate him working on the pelvic region. I've heard several women get relief from this Please keep us posted on your progress...
Unread 12-09-2001, 09:21 PM

Delora - I just wrote a long reply and somehow lost it But let me just say -- I'm in your same boat and started PT last Wednesday and again on Friday. I think this will really help. Though I do still need to take my Neurontin (for the nerve damage)

I just never had any idea there were physical therapist out there that did this type of work. Your right in saying that we need to let more Sista-s know about this.

Sheri -- I hope if your problem continues you'll try to find female PT. I'm sure it would make a world of difference.

Let's hear it for NO PAIN for all our Sista-s
Unread 12-10-2001, 04:04 AM

Delora,

It is so good to hear that you are getting some relief from all your pain. I hope that the PT continues to make you feel better and better.

s to you.
Unread 12-13-2001, 03:50 PM

well, I guess I was pre mature. my pains are back! I'm bummed...but, I did have to skip the PT this week and am under lots of stress at work. so, maybe that's it. I've never had luck with PTs for fibro. or other pains. but, hopefully, this is just a fluke and I'll be out of pain again . mostly it's the stingy sharp bladder pain. they seem to have ruled out infections- but it sure feels like one. guess I need to relax more. hope you all are staying better-or getting better! thanks for listening. :cry:
Unread 12-13-2001, 05:42 PM

{{Delores}},
Hopefully this is just a minor setback and when you start your PT again the pain will subside. Does the TENS unit help your pelvic pain. I have one but found it made mine worse It does help a great deal with my back pain tho Hope you feel better soon...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register