Night Sweats | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-05-2001, 03:07 AM
Night Sweats

GOOD MORNING LADIES,
IST I WILL TELL YOU I AM FROM THE CANCER CONCERNS BOARD.
I HOPE I AM IN THE RIGHT PLACE TO POST THIS PROBLEM. I AM ALMOST 4 WKS POST-OP AND HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING HOT FLASHES AT NIGHT. I HAD A COMPLETE HYST. ON 11/12/01 (NOTHING LEFT) I DO NOT WANT TO TAKE HORMONES AS THIS IS NOT MY BAG.
I WAS WONDERING IF SOMEONE COULD TELL ME OF ANY NATURAL PRODUCT ON THE MARKET THAT MIGHT AID ME IN MY DILEMA? I HAVE GONE TO HORMONE JUNGLE BUT I'M STILL CONFUSED.
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME? I WAKE UP AT LEAST 5 TIMES EVERY NIGHT, AND FEEL LIKE I'M ON FIRE. I'M NOT SO BAD DURING THE DAY BUT, AT NIGHT, LOOK OUT!! PLEASE HELP!!
ALSO, I AM NOT UNDER GOING ANY FURTHER TREATMENT FOR MY CANCER. IT WAS ALL TAKEN CARE OF WITH SURGRY.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2001, 07:52 PM
Night Sweats

I can only tell you what helps me with night sweats.....

Light clothing (cotton nightshirts or oversized t-shirts work well).

Cover in a sheet only.

Keep a bedroom window open (even in the winter, I keep mine open a few inches).

Keep a fan close by so you can turn it on if necessary.

Maybe someone else will come along with some ideas to help.
Unread 12-08-2001, 06:15 AM
Night Sweats

THANKS, CATHERINE

I WILL TRY SOME OF YOUR SUGGESTIONS. I DO SLEEP WITH VERY LIGHT CLOTHING AND A FAN.
SOMEONE ON THE OTHER BOARD IS TRYING REMIFEMIN, A NON HORMONAL TABLET. I BOUGHT SOME YESTERDAY AND WILL TRY THEM AS WELL. THANKS AGAIN.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2001, 08:50 PM
Night Sweats

Hiya Puppy!

Nice to see you over here.

A thought struck me that you might want to check into... I'm not entirely sure but if I'm remembering correctly Remifemen contains soy and before starting this you might want to okay it with your Dr.

I was told by my Gyn Oncologist to avoid supplements containing soy as it contains a natural estrogen and my cancer is a type that is estrogen receptive.

Just to be on the safe side however, I would suggest checking any supplements out with the Dr, even natural ones to see if they are appropriate for you in your particular situation.

A couple other things you may consider checking into is Vitamin E (d not dl type) and Flax Seed oil, I take the Vitamin E and it does seem to help a bit in addition. I've seen posts by ladies here who've taken the flax seed oil and had some success with it also.

I wish you the best in your searches, I know how frustrating these night sweats can be. Oh, I just remembered, there was a discussion on a type of neck wrap on this forum a while back that some of the ladies were trying out and finding good success with.

I'll see if I can dig up the thread.

{{hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 12-09-2001, 08:55 PM
Night Sweats

Hi again,

Here's that thread I was remembering, some very good ideas were discussed.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...ight=neck+wrap
Unread 12-10-2001, 04:32 PM
THANKS VICKI

HI AND THANKS FOR THE INFO ON THE NECK WRAPS. I HAVE TWO OF THEM AND WOULD HAVE NEVER THOUGHT OF USING THEM FOR NIGHT SWEATS.
SPECIAL THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW ABOUT REMIFEMIN, I DON'T KNOW IF MY CANCER WAS ESTROGEN RELATED BUT , I WILL ASK. MY CHECK UP IS FEBRUARY 8TH. I DON'T THINK I'LL USE ANYTHING UNTIL I SEE MY DR.
I DO TAKE VIT. E, B-COMPLEX AND C. I ALSO TAKE CALCIUM. I DID TELL MY DR. I WAS TAKING BLACK COHOSH AND HE SAID THAT WAS OK.I WONDER IF BLACK COHOSH IS RELATED , OR HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH ESTROGEN? I'LL HAVE TO LOOK.
BOY! I HOPE THIS STOPS BY ITSELF SOMETIMES.

Unread 12-26-2001, 01:18 PM
Night Sweats

Hi, Vicki was right about checking with your dr. I still have my ovaries but have had nightsweats since, hyster. Vit E., Flax seed oil and red clover help me. Some of the over the counter menopausal products have all of those in it. If your dr. okays it, you can experiement to see what kind of mixture your body needs. I tried the black cohash with no succes, but it might your kind of thing. I believe Black Cohash is a Puesdo-estrogen (your body thinks it is estrogen but it's not), but you can check it out. I read some of the other ladies recommend Remifeme, what kind of combinations does this contain?
Good luck.
Tam

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register