Can't take much more and still laugh | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can't take much more and still laugh Can't take much more and still laugh

Unread 12-05-2001, 01:59 PM
Can't take much more and still laugh

A brief re-cap. Had cone and D&C in Oct., CIS in cervix and uterus. Told could have a LAVH/BSO, but would have to go back and have lymph removed the next week if path came back "bad". Okay, thinking good thoughts. Scheduled for the 26th of Nov. Hubby went on business trip North, came back with the flu the week of the 21th, after my pre-op. Went in on the 26th, told lungs were too congested to put out. Had my gown on and blood work done. Cryed alot that day.
We would go on Dec 10th. Went to GP yesterday to make sure lungs were clear and okay. He says I have plersey(sp) and possilbe blood clot in lung. This is the part where I freak out.
Sent to hospital for Nuclear CT. They inject radiation in a vein with a needle the size of a pencil lead, hurts like hell. That shows something wrong, so they do a CT with dye and leave the IV in this time, just in case. It wasn't a blood clot, just lung damage, could be smoking, past pnemonia, present pnemonia or cancer. Nice of them to narrow it down.
Have to start taking steriods before surgery, everything I have read says it's a bad idea. My GYN says do it so we can get the surgery done. I really trust him more than the GP, but I am worried about the side effects before Mon. surgery.
I feel like crap today from what they did yesterday and it has me worried. Also worried that it has started somewhere else and they just found it in the cervix. You know all of the fears.
Still don't know if the surgery will be Mon or not. Getting ready twice is hard enough, can't take a third time.
Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2001, 02:11 PM

Hey (((((Pam)))))
My gosh, you have sure been through the wringer!!!!

Its understandable that you are frustrated and worried. I don't know alot about steroids myself, but I was on one for 2 days between chemo treatments and I remember they made me very lightheaded. I am sorry you have to go through all this.

If there is a positive side, whatever is wrong with your lungs has been picked up quickly, and its important to have that seen too, its just so frustrating that you have this going on while waiting for the hyster. Its hard but try and keep positive thoughts. They had to give you all the posibilities, and hopefully its nothing serious at all.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please know we are here for you, and keep us posted.

Sending big hugs
Maria
Unread 12-05-2001, 05:44 PM

Hi,
I know that all of this is terrifying. I am going through it too. Just had a TVH on 11/16 for what was thought to be adenocarcenoma in situ but turned out to be Stage 1A adenocarcenoma. Every ache and pain I worry about. I would keep asking your doctor questions and go for other opinions if you can. Not knowing is the worst!! My thoughts are with you. Please feel free to email me if you need a friend.

Denise

Stage 1A adenocarcenoma TVH 11/16/01
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2001, 06:33 PM

I am so sorry that you are having such a hard time. Know that we are all thinking about you and praying for you. Hang in there and take care of yourself.
Unread 12-05-2001, 07:57 PM

What a totally crappy horrible awful time. Bless your heart - you have really been through the wringer, backwards and forwards. I am amazed that you have the composure to type anything.... The dizzying rate of tests, the tent-stake needle - ugh! I cannot offer much other than that I will remember you in my prayers and pray that a sense of peace and clear direction come to you. I hope that you feel better with your breathing situation and I hope we can get an update on you soon!
Unread 12-05-2001, 08:00 PM

Pam - P.S. I saw that you live in Georgia. I live in middle Georgia - it was either here or Indianapolis! So there is that GA / IN connection. I sure do miss the snow! Maybe a few flakes will fall for those of us whose falls have been less than fun and thrilling!
Unread 12-05-2001, 08:54 PM
Pam

Hi Pam - I was scheduled for my tah/bso for ovarian cancer and was turned down because of pneumonia after I got my iv and had my gown on etc. I cried and freaked out.

Went on antibiotics, zithromax. I had tb when I was three years old, lots of scarring and chronic bronchitis and pneumonia every winter.

7 Days later - I go in for surgery. Same routine. Anesthisiologist says no way, lungs still have fluid. Oncologist/gyn says we're doing it with an epidural. And we did. I think it turned out okay.

Can they do it with an epidural?

RobinS
Unread 12-06-2001, 11:15 AM

Thanks ladies, just being able to vent somewhere that others understand helps so much.
They may suggest the epi tomorrow at pre-op, but I am scared to death of it, I have had too many problems with my spine, but I won't rule it out yet.

Viking, Where at in GA? I'm in LaGrange. I'm from Frankfort, IN, but have lived in Indy, Lebanon, Muncie and most recently Shipshewana up north. I will not miss the snow this year, we had 46 inches in Dec last year and still have not recovered from that. Maybe by next year???????

Thanks again everyone.
Unread 12-06-2001, 11:25 AM
Oh Pam, I'm sorry

I've been through a lot too, and I know how terribly hard it is to have to keep waiting and worrying about everything. PLease try to keep your spirits up, and think positive. You've got a lot of great ladies here thinking about you and keeping you in their prayers! Is there a possibility that they can just go ahead and do it with an epidural as someone suggested? That would be great, and probably mean an easier recovery for you also!

By the way, I'm a GA girl too, but I was born here. I used to live in Gwinnett county, and I've lived in Jonesboro and Fayetteville too. Now I'm back down south, in Brunswick, where I was born. I sure don't envy you having to deal with the traffic up there around Atlanta! What hospital are you going to be in? The one in Jonesboro?

Take care of yourself, and hang in there...you'll be better soon!

Stacey (TAH w/Burch and appendectomy 8-28-01)
(RSO w/Adhesion removal 12-2-01)
Unread 12-06-2001, 03:56 PM

Hi Stacey,
They have a pretty big hospital here in LaGrange so it will be done here. If I have to go back for the lymph nodes, I will go to Columbus. We are about an hour from Atlanta and my husband won't even take me there because of the traffic, said I would have a panic attack.
I would love to see your area, you are pretty close to St. Simons, right? We are planning on driving to FL next year and will go down the GA coast. If I can ever get my uterus out!
Tomorrow is doctor day all day. Yeah. First the lungs, then GYN pre-op, then hospital pre-op.
I'll let you know how it goes.
Thanks again.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register