Vivelle dot | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-18-2011, 02:27 PM
Vivelle dot

Hi Sisters,

I was wondering if anyone out there experiences lower back pain caused from vivelle dot? I am on .1mg patch (highest dose) I have been on that dose for a few weeks now and feel good on it! But, I read that one of the side effects can be back pain. Has anyone had this?

Thanks,
Carolann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2011, 02:36 PM
Re: Vivelle dot

I am on the same dosage as you are and I do have lower back pain, but I have never thought it was related to the dot, usually mine is associated with bowel issues
Unread 07-18-2011, 03:43 PM

I like to power walk and do yoga. I keep thinking it is from that, but since a day or two ago, it has got really bad. I did read that it is a side effect. When I first went on this dose I had some breast tenderness, but that has gone. My NP will definately put me down to the lower dose if I have breast tenderness. But, this back thing really hurts. Hopefully, others will chime in. I did read someone mention back pain in an old post about vivelle dot. This stinks b/c I feel best on the .1mg than the 0.75mg. My libido is better with the higher dose...but the 0.75 I had no back pain or breast tenderness, but no libido...BIG SIGH....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2011, 04:50 PM

I hope some others chime in too...i had never linked the two before...hmmm
Unread 07-19-2011, 07:19 AM

I definitely have the lower back pain/stiffness on the .1mg Vivelle. I did not experience this on the .075 mg dose but I feel noticeably better on the .1mg dose so that's why I've been bumped up. Very frustrating....fix one thing, break another...some days the back is manageable....other days I have to break out the Aleve. I plan on mentioning this to my GYN when I see him in Nov but seeing as it's one of the top listed side effects, I'm guessing he's going to tell me that I have to pick my poison! :-)
Unread 07-19-2011, 07:30 AM

I was one the .1 Vivelle dot, had back pain. I upped my dosage to 1 1/2 patches. I have felt much better mood wise and my back pain is gone now.
Unread 07-19-2011, 07:57 AM

I am on the lowest dose Vivelle dot makes and started experiencing lower back stiffness/tightness most of the day for a few days, then the stiffness only after being in bed most of the night (like 2am or so). Never thought anything of it. Even had an adjustment to see if that would help...didn't. Maybe it is one of those things that gets better with time. I have been taking Advil before going to bed, but don't want to take one med to counter the effects of another. Does anyone have itching with the patch? I am sensitive to adhesives. It isn't bad, I just don't want to forget and scratch the patch off! Also, should the patch ELIMINATE hot flashes...or just slow them down. I am, again, on the lowest does they make...so if I am still having hot flashes (and back stiffness)...do I need more?

Kim
LSH 6/2007
Unread 07-19-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetocamp View Post
I am on the lowest dose Vivelle dot makes and started experiencing lower back stiffness/tightness most of the day for a few days, then the stiffness only after being in bed most of the night (like 2am or so). Never thought anything of it. Even had an adjustment to see if that would help...didn't. Maybe it is one of those things that gets better with time. I have been taking Advil before going to bed, but don't want to take one med to counter the effects of another. Does anyone have itching with the patch? I am sensitive to adhesives. It isn't bad, I just don't want to forget and scratch the patch off! Also, should the patch ELIMINATE hot flashes...or just slow them down. I am, again, on the lowest does they make...so if I am still having hot flashes (and back stiffness)...do I need more?

Kim
LSH 6/2007

Hi Kim

I'm on vivelle.05 and I haven't had any back pain. I was having back before I was placed on hormones plus with other menopause symptoms. I had a few hot flashes with my 1st 3 patches and then I had none. I have been on the patch a little over a month and the insomnia, hot flashes, and nausea are back I'm going in on tues to my gyne to get a higher dose. My gyne is out of town this wk so I'm having to struggle this whole wk with symptoms! You should talk to your dr if they are uncomfortable. My symptoms get so bad I feel like slapping a second patch on. I have really bad skin allergies that my skin swells up easily. I haven't had any problems with the patch with any itchiness or anything. I also place a tegaderm adhesive over my patch to keep it in place.
Unread 07-19-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr1s View Post
I was one the .1 Vivelle dot, had back pain. I upped my dosage to 1 1/2 patches. I have felt much better mood wise and my back pain is gone now.

Hi,

Do you just cut your patches in half? Im having bad symptoms on the .05 and my appt isn't till next wk. Im going in to get on a higher dose. Any advice on me using 1 1/2 patches till I see my gyne?
Unread 07-19-2011, 11:48 AM

Yep that's exactly what i did. My doc said i could go up to 2 patches for a few months till things level off, if i needed to. I stayed at 1 patch for about a month, i figure i'll stay at 1 1/2 for at least a month, and if i feel like i need to i'll go up to 2. I do feel better, i was becoming a uh..... yeah not nice to be around, at ALL. Never have had any real hot flashes, least i don't think. Hard to tell when its in the 90's everyday. lol Hope that helps you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register