Extremely tired is this normal? Also anxiety at night. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Extremely tired is this normal? Also anxiety at night. Extremely tired is this normal? Also anxiety at night.

Unread 07-20-2011, 11:16 AM
Extremely tired is this normal? Also anxiety at night.

I had a hysterectomy June 21 st and the took my uterus a Fallopian tube and cervix. I still have my ovaries in tact . My uterus was super large they had to cut me from top of my belly button down. The incision looks great and almost healed but I feel horribly tired! I felt better right after surgery than I do now! I have no energy and sleep day after day. I'm feeling sad and depressed cuz that's all I do is sleep. I had two really good days and went out and even walked around the fleamarket. But those days are far and in-between ! I've started taking vitamins and I take my iron as I was very anemic. Also I have no appetite and have to force myself to eat. HELP ANY SUGGESTIONS!? I'm so over it! :-(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2011, 11:28 AM
Re: Extremely tired is this normal? Also anxiety at night.

Hi Hun, i had my op on 1st july 2011, which they took my cervix,uterus and removed two fibroid which weighed 8lb, im the same as you, i felt move alive just after op but now feel so tired worn out, dont know what to do with my self some times. Im not amemic or anything, i just think your body is working so hard to repair that its taking all your energy. I do find myself crying for no reason and dont feel myself, but someone told me its your body changing in to a new you! so the reason for feeling different is because your body is getting used to a new way of living with parts missing... A lot a people say its the best thing that they have ever done. We have just got to get over this hurdle first.

Hope this helps you! good luck
Unread 07-20-2011, 11:43 AM

Thank you. It defiantly helps to know I'm not the only one feeling this way! Yes I cry as well all the time. I try and push myself to get up and stay up but the fatigue wins everytime. :-( this is my fourth week and was hoping to feel better by now but no luck. I guess I am kinda lucky that as far as pain, I'm not in too much of it. Just awful fatigue. I feel like I'm sleeping my life away and it won't ever stop. Please keep in touch and let me know how your progress is going. Thank u again.
:-) Leticia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2011, 11:51 AM

hi girls,
i am only post op week one, but had my hysterectomy;removal of 1 ovary da vinci robotic surgery. i am feeling pretty good pain wise, but was telling everyone today that has called or text me that i am exhausted! kind of lightheaded too. i also feel more anxious than usual and can't figure out why? I am trying to do small crafts at home to keep my mind off things, this helps .
Unread 07-20-2011, 11:55 AM

Aww I'm glad I could be of some help to you, of course ill keep you up dated, its so nice talking to people who have been through what we have and swapping notes LOL Takecare
Unread 07-20-2011, 11:57 AM

Up and Down, 2 steps forward and 1 step back....welcome to the wonderful world of recovery! Hang in there! Your good days will get better and your bad days will get farther apart. You are still in the first 6 weeks, so keep giving yourself time to rest.
Unread 07-20-2011, 12:00 PM

Welcome hun, try and take it easy plz your only 1 wk post op and I know how frustrating it is doing nothing buts its for the best. Good luck
Unread 07-20-2011, 12:10 PM

thanks
Unread 07-20-2011, 12:23 PM

Thank all of you wonderful strong women! I will keep posting and letting you know how I'm feeling. Don't feel quite so alone now.
My anxiety is off da hook at night and I feel like I want to jump out of my skin. I'm trying also to stay off of pain meds but the tiredness is still there. Anybody else lose appetite? I just can't eat list about 10 lbs since surgery.
Take care and keep in touch.
:-) Leticia
Unread 07-20-2011, 12:26 PM

Hun, I've to lost appetite to, smell of food makes me feel sick! I've lost 10lb to, don't worry your be ok..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register