Day#7 Post Op & HRT. What kind??? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Day#7 Post Op & HRT. What kind??? Day#7 Post Op & HRT. What kind???

Unread 07-28-2011, 06:02 PM
Re: Day#7 Post Op & HRT. What kind???

Thanks again, Kim.

I actually had a pretty good day today as far as my recovery goes and the emotional rollercoaster has seemed to slow a bit too. Might be wishful thinking on my part but maybe that left ovary is coming to life. I go back for my recheck next Thursday so I will post an update after she and I decide TOGETHER what I am going to do!

One question that does keep coming to my mind though and I don't know if you have any idea about this but if my left ovary doesn't work and I am still having pain on that left side would they go back in just to remove that ovary? This is one of my questions for her next week.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2011, 01:47 PM

Hi Angel & Kim,

Just wanted to come back and let you know I had my two week appt last Thursday and told my OB/GYN that I felt like I was doing well enough that I wanted to hold off on the hormone. She was good with that.

Kim - I am having alot of left side pain still and could kick myself for not taking out my left ovary now. She said we would see what the pain was like after my 8 wk appt but she mentioned possibly going back in to remove it. It was me that begged her to keep it if at all possible but left the final decision up to her once she got in there. Have you heard of women having a hysterectomy and then going back in shortly after the hystro to remove one ovary? I totally trust my dr and if that's what she thinks I need to do to get rid of the left side pain then I am ok with that... I've just not heard of this happening to anyone before. Is this a fairly common practice?
Unread 08-08-2011, 07:38 AM

I am glad your feeling a little better. I hope things keep getting better.... As for the ovary thing I think I would wait it out and see if it stops hurting. Maybe it is just adjusting after the surgery. I hope anyways... I always had pain on my right side where my ovary was. My doctor told me it would be a good idea to have it removed along with the other one. I was not liking that idea but trusted her and I am glad I did. The pain is gone and I am so thankful. It was bad pain. I couldn't lay on my right side sometimes and if I got up fast it would hurt so bad I would lay back down and cry. I am just glad that is over. See how your feeling on your next visit. Post and let us know how your doing. Take care.

Angel

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register