19 days postop | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

19 days postop 19 days postop

Unread 08-02-2011, 06:03 PM
19 days postop

Hi all! I had everything but my ovaries taken out via Da Vinci and so far so good, I think. My ovaries were kept due to the fact that I am 35 and one of them is in working condition. (per doctor).

I've had a few problems but as I am reading around the Forum I think that they are basically normal. I had the surgery due to Stage 4 Endometriosis and am now having some major bowel issues due to lots of adhesions in that area. Also, I went back to work yesterday as my job is not strenuous at all but this morning I had to stand for two hours straight and by 1 pm I was home with the heating pad and had to take a painkiller.

I know the pain will go away eventually and I will be more or less pain free, but I guess one of my questions is how long will the bowel pain last? It's excruciating!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2011, 06:12 PM
Re: 19 days postop

I'm not sure. I had my bladder adheard to my uterus and I too have had bowel pain. I am taking a stool softner twice a day and that has helped some. Gas-x has helped also but I still have it abit, but only when things are moving down there. So I would guess it comes down to how much trama your body experienced and how quickly it heals. But with anything that causes you stress call the doctor. Sorry ot hear you are still hurting,boolizzie
Unread 08-02-2011, 06:22 PM

I did stop taking the stool softener so I think I should start taking it again. I plan on calling my doctor to see what else he recommends.

Thanks for your response Boolizzie! I hope you are recovering well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2011, 06:29 PM

I am doing great. It was a bit good then bad...on and off for the first 12 days.Then day 13 and 14 have been good. No set backs. I drove around town today, stood in the pool for about an hour(no swimming) and then made a 20 minute dinner resting inbetween but feeling good. Glad I could help.
Unread 08-02-2011, 06:34 PM

I notice you had the DvH as well. Do you work? If so, when do you plan on going back? I started back yesterday but now think it's too soon. I've been so tired for the past two days.

Today was the first time I've tried standing for any length of time and I sure am paying for it!
Unread 08-02-2011, 06:50 PM

I forgot to mention that I have a cold as well. Sure sign of pushing myself too hard?
Unread 08-02-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spekladie View Post
I notice you had the DvH as well. Do you work? If so, when do you plan on going back? I started back yesterday but now think it's too soon. I've been so tired for the past two days.

Today was the first time I've tried standing for any length of time and I sure am paying for it!
I had a supracervical DaVinci (kept cervix and ovaries). I am not back to work. I am a school bus driver and took the summer off. I know I can't go back yet,because once I'm back the craziness starts and I know I won't be able to get a brake. I go back in about 3 weeks for 2 days then have off again for about a week. I think you might need more time to heal..please take care you only get one chance to heal right. P.S we also have a home based business but my hubby has been running double time

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register