start spreading the news..... NY here I come | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

start spreading the news..... NY here I come start spreading the news..... NY here I come

Unread 12-07-2001, 10:32 PM
start spreading the news..... NY here I come

Hi girls, well as most of you know I am leaving soon for my holiday to America. I thought I would post my itinerary for you all , so that you can see where I am and when

DEC 18 : Leave Sydney , Australia at 12.50 pm and arrive in Los Angeles at 7.20 am ( note that we arrive before we left )

DEC 19 - 22 : we are staying with a hystersister that I met here on the boards over a year ago, when I was a LIW.

DEC 22 : Leave CA for Newark, NJ at 12.55pm and arrive at 9.10pm. We pick up our hire car and are staying with a friend on Staten Is. NY. We hope to see the Empire State bld. go to Mass on Christmas eve and visit Ground Zero to pay our respects . And we also hope to have our very first white Christmas.

DEC 27 : we leave to have a trip through PA, Ohio and into Indiana. We plan on arriving in Columbus ,Ohio on Dec 30 and staying until Jan 1. I am planning on meeting up with a few hystersisters there as well.

JAN 1 : we are driving to Indiana where I am meeting Jeanine, who I have met through this cancer board, staying over night and then returning to New York about Jan 8 or 9. While I am travelling I hope to see alot of antique shops and also see some of the Amish life as well as quilts.

JAN 12 : there is a hystersister get together in NY city. Not sure where as yet but if any of you would like to meet up then you are most welcome. Please contact either Kaatie, Rita2001 or KarenL and let them know. You will know which one I am.. the one without the accent

JAN 13 : we leave NY to return to CA where will spend 10 days doing all the touristy stuff and also hope to travel to San Francisco for a few days.

JAN 23 : we leave to come home , tired but very happy.

I will still be able to access the boards while I am away and I have also set up a new email addy for it: [email protected]
Please email me if you need at any time.
if any of you would like to meet up with me , please let me know and I will do my best .

I would just like to wish you all a very happy and holy Christmas. I hope it is filled with love and good health. I want you all to know that you have a special place in my heart. I love you all so dearly. Much love to all of you x x x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2001, 11:05 PM
Sounds So Great!!!

Hi - Your trip sounds so wonderful. I have never been to the East Coast. Your itinerary looks so fun!

I hope that you have the fabulous time you deserve.

Take Care - RobinS
Unread 12-08-2001, 04:50 AM

Wow--a whole month? You'll be an American hystersister by the time you leave here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2001, 10:36 AM

Robyn,
I hope you have a wonderful trip.. I was in NYC for my first( and only) time in 1999. It is a wonderful city...I hope you get too see snow for Christmas... The way the weather has been the last couple of weeks we are all wondering if we will have any ...lol... I wish I could meet up with you and the other hystersisters... but life has a way of keeping you tied down sometimes... I am in Central Pa. (lots of Amish here ) so on the 27th where ever I am I will give a little wave just in case you are in the car passing me on the road :-) I moved up here from way down south a year and a half ago... I know you will love the countryside , it is absolutely beautiful in this region... and I think watching the Amish are just fasinating.... Take care of yourself on this trip and keep us posted on your thoughts and adventures.... Sondra
Unread 12-08-2001, 02:12 PM

NYC is ready for you!!!!
Well at least I know that I am! It is going to be a great time!
I think that it is wonderful that you are going to pay your respects at ground zero.......
Valentina
Unread 12-09-2001, 03:10 PM

OH ROBYN,
HOW EXCITING, I SEE YOU WILL BE SO VERY CLOSE TO ME ALSO. I LIVE IN CHICAGO ILLINOIS. INDIANA IS NOT FAR FROM ME AT ALL. YOU WILL LOVE THE AMISH VILLAGE. MY DAUGHTER LIVED IN INDIANA FOR 6 YRS. SO I KNOW INDIANA FAIRLY WELL. HAVE A VERY NICE AND ENJOYABLE TRIP. YOU DESERVE IT.

S

P.S. I WANT TO GO TOO!!!!! HE-HE
Unread 12-11-2001, 01:45 AM

An absolute trip of a lifetime Robyn!!
How exciting!! I also think its wonderful that you will be visiting ground zero to pay your respects.
Your hubby and daughter must be very excited as well. What a geography lesson this will be for her. Better than any she could learn about it a text book thats for sure.

Wishing you safe happy travels!!
I am so excited for you!!!
xoxo
Unread 12-12-2001, 08:38 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed...

..for a White Christmas in NYC this year. Sounds like you're going to have a great vacation. How excited you must be! Looking forward to hearing all about it. And if by chance, you take a wrong turn and find yourself in New England.....I have 3 extra rooms in RI!

Wishing you smooth flights and smooth roads all along the way...

Unread 12-13-2001, 02:57 AM

EM, I live in RI........in Scituate (Hope, actually). I had no idea you lived here too. Small world!!
Unread 12-13-2001, 09:58 PM

Hi Catherine,

I'm in Warwick. I've lived in RI for most of my life, but have to admit that I've never known where Hope is. I do know where Scituate is, tho. I don't think there's any "smaller world" than here in RI.......I'd be willing to bet we've been in the same place at the same time somewhere along the line.

BTW, I am hoping for a White Christmas for Robyn, but also hoping it turns green somewhere in CT. We just got the leaves hauled away, and I'm not ready for the plows quite yet.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register