6 days post-op, sick sick sick | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 days post-op, sick sick sick 6 days post-op, sick sick sick

Unread 12-09-2001, 09:03 AM
6 days post-op, sick sick sick

I am so sick, i try to get up from bed and i start getting dizzy, lightheaded, and i start sweating profusely, i get a clammy feeling . i didn't have a bm until this morning and only with the help of one senakot. it took all of 20 minutes to kick in, i took the child's dose because i'm almost under a 100 lbs. and i didn't want to hurt myself. Wll, neeedless to say i didn't think i was going to live through that experience, i thought for sure i would pass out and bust my head open on the bath tub. i'm the kind of person who wants privacy in the bathroom but i really thought i was going to have to get my husband to help me. luckily i managed.
I just can't understand why i was feeling so good the first few days out of surgery, and now i feel like death warmed over. I truly feel like i can't take it. everytime i try to go take a shower i can't make it to the bedroom door with out starting to blackout. any suggestions on how i might be able to alleiviate that, also could it be caused by the climara patch, i'm on 0.1 mg a day . dr says we can't change my hrt for at least a month, i have to give my body time to adjust. All i know is i feel like H-LL. bye 4 now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2001, 09:31 AM

First off, REMEMBER, I'm not a doctor.

But I can tell you that the Climara patch made me very dizzy, sick, & nauseous. That first bowel movement is an extremely painful experience for a lot of people. I had to take a stool softener (I took Colace) for a while after surgery, still have to take it sometimes (TAH/BSO 1/5/01) because some other medications I have to take daily make me constipated. The Climara gave me a terrible headache also. I switched to Premarin and it works great for me. When I called my doctor about the side effects the Climara was having and she told me to take it off I started feeling better in a few hours.
This is just my opinion but I think you should call your doctor as soon as you can and tell him/her how you are feeling. You shouldn't be feeling like you are going to pass out, and too weak to walk from the bed to the bathroom or to take a shower. Read the side effects listed with the Climara and see if that is what is happening to you.............and CALL YOUR DOCTOR!!
Unread 12-09-2001, 10:43 AM

I have to agree with Peachy, if you feel that bad I would call my dr right away. Its not your dr who is suffering it is you. Please call the dr and let him know how you are feeling. Hope you are feeling better soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2001, 12:58 PM

Sorry to hear you are so bad off! I have to agree with the others...call you dr! And if he/she won't change that patch...you do it and find a dr who will listen to your needs!
This very same thing happened to a friend of mine and one day after she got off that Climara.....all symptoms stopped! Please do read the side effects,...and not jsut from the paper you got from the pharmacy! They don't tell you everything! Find a pharmacy on the net that tells side effects.....they have to list all of them!
Much love and please be careful! Fainting can indeed be a side effect of ill-balanced hormones...whether we are on them or not!
www.obgyn.net will confirm the lightheaded feelings can stem from hormones mania.
Peanut
Unread 12-09-2001, 05:18 PM
DIZZY TOO

HEY THERE MY DIZZY FRIEND-IM HAVING A HECK OF A TIME WITH DIZZYNESS ALSO. I FEEL LIKE I COULD BLACKOUT TOO. MY SURGERY WAS THE DAY BEFORE YOURS. I AM TAKING ESTRACE-I WONDER IF ITS POST OP MAKING ME FEEL DIZZY OR IS IT THE HORMONE REPLACEMENT. I CALLED THE DRS FRIDAY-THEY TOLD ME TO GET UP SLOWLY(WHICH I DO ANYWAYS) AND TO EAT LOTS OF FRUITS AND NUTS. IM CALLING BACK TOMORROW- I THINK THEY NEED TO DO SOME BLOODWORK JUST TO CHECK ALL THIS OUT. IM ONLY TAKING IBUPROFEN FOR PAIN NOW-I WAS THINKING MAYBE THE PAIN MEDS WERE MAKING ME DIZZY TOO. HOPEFULLY WE WILL GET SOME RELIEF FROM THE DIZZYNESS-IT STINKS-HANG IN THERE.
Unread 12-12-2001, 09:06 PM
just a thought...

I don't know anything about the climara--I don't even know what that is!!! I just wondered if you are drinking enough? 5 days post op I got so dizzy and funny feeling in my head, I thought I was going to die--and wanted to!!!! I can't even explain the feeling--I thought I was going crazy. I was also very constipated. I ended up going to the ER it was so bad, and was extremely dehydrated. After getting some IV fluids I felt so much better! I'm probably too late to even answer--I've been offline for a couple weeks and just saw your post. Let us know how you're doing!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register