Anyone use Premarin? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone use Premarin? Anyone use Premarin?

Unread 08-18-2011, 04:08 PM
Re: Anyone use Premarin?

gacki - You feel anything yet? I'm still flashing but they are not as intense. The 5 pounds are gone and I'm really happy about that It's not quite a week yet. Dr told me I would take at least a week to kick in. I'm just impatient I guess.

Is it supposed to help with the dryness? I hope so. My honey has been so good and so supportive but sex was uncomfortable to the point where I had to stop. And then I cried. I so wanted it to be right. It's a fairly new relationship and was so good before. I've been stressing about me not being the same since the doctor first said the dreaded H word. I just want it to be right again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2011, 10:53 PM

I'm impatient too!! I'm feeling a little better, just like you still having a few hot flashes just not as bad. The insomnia is still a killer...even when I'm exhausted I can't seem to lay down and just go to sleep. I think part of that is not being able to get comfortable too though. I'm having quite a bit of back pain and I thought once I got to where I could sleep on my stomach I'd be okay, but that hasn't been so. My emotions are holding up better than anything else. This week has been extremely difficult time for one of my closest friends, she lives in CA and I live in PA so not being able to physically be there for her has been killing me and while I've cried quite a bit, I have no doubt it would have been much worse prior to starting the premarin. That's great news about those nasty 5 pounds!! I'm happy for you!

From what I've read it mentions helping the dryness, and I've seen mixed reviews. I was just cleared last week and won't get the opportunity to partake until next week. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm not at the same time. I'm nervous that things won't feel the same (in a bad way) or that it will be too dry. I know we'll have to take it easy, which I'm okay with...it's just a bit scary because I want it to go so right!
Unread 08-19-2011, 02:57 AM

My sleeping has improved. I actually managed to sleep for 4 or 5 hours at a time the past few nights. Previously I would wake up every hour or two. I still wake up the birds but someone has to do it.

Is it your lower back that hurts? I was MISERABLE and would cry my back hurt so much. No matter what I did I could not get comfortable. I found that putting a pillow under my knees while laying on my back relieved the pressure on my lower back. Those big body pillows are great. Now that I have been cleared to exercise and can finally stretch out my back the world is right again.

Good luck with your first opportunity next week. You may want to have a lubricant handy. I wish I would have thought of it before hand. I will definitely pick some up for next time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2011, 07:31 AM

Finally!! I slept fairly decent last night! yay!! I only woke up once that I remember, but I do feel a bit more refreshed than usual this morning. Which is a really good thing because today is going to be crazy! 10 8yr olds in my house for about 4hrs....need I say more! I go back to work Monday and have to be up and on my game at 0530, so the birds will have some more company

It is my lower back...I've been using a pillow off and on, it never seemed to help much. I know what you mean about it making you cry...I've had quite a few days like that. I had a lot of back pain before the surgery, but never this bad. I think I'll search the house today for my body pillow I have somewhere and see if that helps any. Right now my entire body just aches.

Thanks for the advice for next week...getting more excited, but still nervous
Unread 08-20-2011, 07:51 AM

I've been taking Premarin for almost 3 weeks now and the hot flashes and night sweats are pretty much under control. The insomnia and headaches....not so much. I average about 3 hours of sleep a night, usually from 10:30 to 12/12:30 then I am wide awake until about 4:00 a.m., no sooner do I fall back to sleep the alarm goes off and it's time to get up for work....ugh. Going back to Dr. on Monday with the hope that we can do something to get the insomnia under control.
Unread 08-20-2011, 08:05 AM

NYY- love the username....but I'm a Red Sox fan . Our sleep schedules seem about the same! I have a hard time getting to sleep though. I think last night was the 1st time since the 1st few weeks post op that I was asleep before midnight. I was completely exhausted though...pretty sure it was just the week catching up with me but I was miserable! My headaches are under control thank goodness! I used to get migraines with bcp, so I was nervous about taking any hormones....but then I started with the no hormone headaches and wow! Talk about sucking wind! I'm going to give it a week or two more after I get back to work and am on a more "normal" schedule....if the insomnia is still in full effect I'll have to talk to my doctor. Hopefully your doc can help you out Monday.
Unread 11-28-2011, 06:26 PM

Okay CC! Do tell what you found out about the Premarin that made you quit and what are the alternative you found?!
Unread 11-28-2011, 08:49 PM

I was given the cream...but wasnt able to use it... I had a bad reaction for some reason? Estrace has seemed to work well for me though... Best of wishes =)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register