31 yr old pre op hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

31 yr old pre op hysterectomy 31 yr old pre op hysterectomy

Unread 08-20-2011, 05:18 PM
31 yr old pre op hysterectomy

Have severe endometriosis nothing has worked over past ten years. Is there anyone in my age group who has had or will have hysterectomy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2011, 05:22 PM
Re: 31 yr old pre op hysterectomy

I am 35 and have the same problem. Endo and ovarian cysts. Nothing has worked. I'm scheduled for a total hysterectomy Sept. 9th.
Unread 08-20-2011, 05:30 PM

Have u heard anything about depression after hysterectomy? I had severe baby blues after my 2yr old was born. I'm worried about falling back into that depression again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2011, 05:32 PM

im goin in for mine now on the 23rd august, im very nervous, im 35 an have suffered from severe periods for many yrs
Unread 08-20-2011, 05:42 PM

I know that I heard that you can get depressed but not sure if that's all a personal thing or a typical side effect. My doctor told me that there is a medicine out there that breast cancer patients use for depression that actually helps with hot flashes. Seeing as I have endo (which is probably the case with you) I can't get hormone replacement therapy for @ 6 months. She said she would prescribe me that med to help with the hot flashes seeing as it's non hormonal. It might be very helpful to you on both levels. I'm so nervous about so much. I'm looking forward to all the help this site can offer. You and I def have alot in common. We should compare stories and symptoms after.
Unread 08-20-2011, 05:43 PM

We are glad you have found HysterSisters.com and I hope we can offer you helpful information and support!

I had my hysterectomy for endometriosis at 25. There are many other women on the site who we were also in the 20's and early 30's. So, you are not alone!

One thing you do need to know is that a hysterectomy, with or without an oophorectomy, does not cure endometriosis. Many of us continue to have issues post hysterectomy. The key is the skillful excision of the endometriosis implants, not the removal of our reproductive organs. To learn more about endometriosis and to meet up with other ladies dealing with this condition, you are more than welcome to visit our Endometriosis Support forum!

As far as depression, yes it can be an issue post hysterectomy simply because of the trauma, changes, and emotions involved with the surgery. However, it is more common if one also has an oophorectomy (removal of the ovaries) because depression can occur with low hormones or hormonal imbalance.

Unread 08-24-2011, 09:49 PM

I am 32 and having my hysterectomy on Sept. 23. I have had problems with ovarian cysts and endometrosis.
Unread 08-24-2011, 10:26 PM

I am 30 and having a LAVH on September 26. Mostly for endo.
Unread 08-24-2011, 10:30 PM

So we all seem to have endo in common. Pretty much no HRT for at least 6 months. Anyone been looking into what might help? I have a list growing for my doc. Black cohosh is on the top of that list.
Unread 08-24-2011, 11:35 PM

Hi

Im 36 and having a surgery on Friday. Have severe scar tissue from previous surgeries and C sections. My insides are a mangled up mess. I also have PCOS. I suffer with prolonged heavy bleeding that goes on for months on end. So docs are going to take out my uterus, one ovary, both Fallopian tubes, my appendix and then drill the cysts on remaining ovary.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register