Nausea during bowel prep?? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nausea during bowel prep?? Nausea during bowel prep??

Unread 08-22-2011, 08:08 PM
Re: Nausea during bowel prep??

I only had to do one bottle and it will make you a bit sick to your stomach for awhile. It will go away. I have to admit I skipped my enema. I was pooping for 11 hrs, I started my mag citrate at 10, the business started at 10:30 and went on all day and well into the evening. My butt was so sore and swollen there was no way anything was going in there, but I was drinking clear Gatoraid and Sobe drinks and it was coming out clear on the other side so I made the command decision to blow off the enema. There was nothing else in there.at.all! In pre op the Dr didn't even ask about the bowel prep and neither did the nurses so I didn't say anything and it all came out fine! A person can only tolerate so much, I really doubt after two bottles of that stuff there will be anything left in there to come out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-23-2011, 12:33 AM

Ive got my pre op on Wednesday, I guess I will get my prescription then to prepare for surgery on Friday. Im not looking forward to this Starting to get really nervous now.
Unread 08-23-2011, 09:24 AM

I'm having to do mag cit 5 days post op. Drank not quite half a bottle. She told me do half. If I took one more sip i was gonna puke it all up. Better some than none I say.

My sympathy to you having to do a whole or two bottles. I am fighting the lump in my throat as it is
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2011, 10:47 AM

I am going in for the 3rd surgery Sept 2, and have to do the bowel prep thursday evening. I have a 4 liter jug that has stuff in it that I have to mix with water and I am supposed to drink 8 ozs every 10 minutes! I don't normally drink that much at all during the day so this is going to be bad!!! I am not sure what time I should start the prep. It says 4 to 6 hours before the surgery, but I cant have anything after midnight, i dont want to start too late and be up all night!! Any help??!!!

Thanks!!!
Unread 08-26-2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by satcyjo View Post
I am going in for the 3rd surgery Sept 2, and have to do the bowel prep thursday evening. I have a 4 liter jug that has stuff in it that I have to mix with water and I am supposed to drink 8 ozs every 10 minutes! I don't normally drink that much at all during the day so this is going to be bad!!! I am not sure what time I should start the prep. It says 4 to 6 hours before the surgery, but I cant have anything after midnight, i dont want to start too late and be up all night!! Any help??!!!

Thanks!!!
Yeah, if you start that at midnight you will be up all night drinking and pooping. I'd probably just do a liquid diet the day before and start that jug in the afternoon sometime. Honestly the liquid diet wasn't so bad for me, I didn't have an option but didn't feel good between the mag citrate and constantly going to the bathroom. It sounds like they are allowing you to eat the day before then they want you to flush it all out overnight. It seems easier to do liquid all day and get the pooping done before bedtime, then just don't have anythinng else to drink after midnight.
Unread 08-26-2011, 11:56 AM

Thank you so much!! I was going to start it about 6 that evening but I think I will start earlier in the afternoon!!!
Unread 10-05-2011, 07:26 PM

I, too, will be prepared with the wipes. I am concerned about using Desitin, because as I recall, it is white and sticky, and might not be gone by surgery morning............that would be embarrassing to go in with white cream on your bottom. I am thinking Vaseline or Prep H would work well. Will consider my options.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register