TAH moved up!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH moved up!! TAH moved up!!

Unread 08-22-2011, 12:04 PM
TAH moved up!!

Ok, so my original surgery date was Oct. 20th 2011, now it is in 2 weeks on the 8th of September! I am really starting to feel the nerves hit me now and am doing more research than I should be considering half the stuff you read will never happen to you or is untrue. I have been through many surgeries in the past and I can only think of one that will compare to the recovery of this one and that's when I had an ectopic pregnancy that burst and they had to cut me open to repair everything in an emergency surgery. The recovery was THE WORST. That is what I am afraid of!!!! I have to have an abdominal surgery because of all the scar tissue from the ectopic. I hope everything goes well and the pain meds are GOOD!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2011, 01:05 PM
Re: TAH moved up!!

When I was pre-op, I had to stay off the post-op board here and just stop reading about all the possible complications and issues that can arise during recovery. It just stressed me out WAY too much, and what's the point in worrying about stuff that will probably never happen?

I'm 12 days post-op now, had to have abdominal surgery because my fibroid was too big to remove laparascopically. And honestly, the recovery hasn't been nearly as difficult as I thought it would be. The worst thing for me was nausea caused by the pain meds they gave me at the hospital. Once I got home and off the Percocet, it started getting better right away. The pain has not been anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be, and I've been managing it just fine with ibuprofen.

Try not to worry. It will all be OK, and you'll be so glad to be on the other side of surgery a few weeks sooner.
Unread 08-22-2011, 06:36 PM
Re: TAH moved up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenchurch42 View Post
When I was pre-op, I had to stay off the post-op board here and just stop reading about all the possible complications and issues that can arise during recovery. It just stressed me out WAY too much, and what's the point in worrying about stuff that will probably never happen?

I'm 12 days post-op now, had to have abdominal surgery because my fibroid was too big to remove laparascopically. And honestly, the recovery hasn't been nearly as difficult as I thought it would be. The worst thing for me was nausea caused by the pain meds they gave me at the hospital. Once I got home and off the Percocet, it started getting better right away. The pain has not been anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be, and I've been managing it just fine with ibuprofen.

Try not to worry. It will all be OK, and you'll be so glad to be on the other side of surgery a few weeks sooner.

Oh, Fenchurch..... thank you, thank you for this post!!
One week today I will be under the knife for a TAH!
I needed your reassuring remarks! I stay well away from the Post-op forum because I'm freaking out already.
I already have "nervous" BMs... will be cleaned out completely before 30 Aug. at this rate.......! Who needs bowel prep.???
Have my pre-op. appt tomorrow bright and early in the a.m. and thanks to this forum I have a ton of questions I would not have thought of asking.
Am really hoping to keep my cervix... but it would perhaps be a miracle with a uterine tumour. No biopsy till I'm on the table, but I reckon it's benign.

Anyway, I hope you continue to recover well! I know I'll find it rough for a couple of weeks but hope to feel a bit better after that!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register