I lost my temper | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I lost my temper I lost my temper

Unread 12-10-2001, 12:38 PM
I lost my temper

Well, I did it. I lost my polite self with the GI. I called them back and said I had placed 2 calls to that office and no one had called me. The receptionist said I know your GYN called this morning and the nurse explained to them that she had 15 people ahead of you and it would most likely be February. She has asked that you be patient and wait for her call. GRRR After this person talked "over" me for 5 minutes, I said that's it!!!!

So, I lost my temper and I said "I think it is ridiculous that no one would call me back and I had to get another doctor to intervene; furthermore, I am hurting constantly on my right side. It is aching, burning, pulling and cramping 24/7 and no, I cannot and will not wait until February. The receptionist said, "well, since it isn't urgent, it will be February." I told her I am taking RX pain meds from my GYN and they aren't even cutting the pain that much. She said, "I don't think (nurse) was aware of that" I said, "how can she be? I can't get anyone to call me back to explain it."

I was so angry my voice was shaking. I apologized for taking it out on her, but I told her I had been polite for long enough now. She has promised to enlighten this nurse and call me. After this test, I am outta there! By the way, I am now COVERED in HIVES - eeww!

We'll see what happens. Sometimes you just have to be a ......

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2001, 12:51 PM
I lost my temper

Good for you Lisa! I hope that you will finally get the response and the attention that you deserve for this! I'm sorry that you are having to suffer the pain, not to mention the rudeness of the medical staff on top of it.

Now go take a very long, hot, bubble bath, and get some well-deserved rest! Take care!

Stacey
TAH w/Burch and appendectomy 8-28-01
RSO w/adhesion removal 12-2-01
Unread 12-10-2001, 01:05 PM
I lost my temper

Thank you Stacey! Man, I hate being like that, but sometimes it's either be rude and stand up for yourself or die waiting (and it literally could be the latter in this case). I didn't mean to speak that way to the receptionist as I hate it when it happens to me, but she kept speaking over me when I was trying to explain the situation, so....

Time for a nice wine and hot bath. I actually want that awful test at this point - I just need some answers.

Love to you sweetie - thanks!

's

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2001, 01:11 PM
I lost my temper

Go Lisa Go Lisa

Unfortunately sometimes we do have to raise our voices in order to be heard. I hope you hear something (something good) soon.

Unread 12-10-2001, 04:36 PM
I lost my temper

Thanks Kim! I'm at home and, as usual, I have heard nothing from the nurse. She will probably call work tomorrow when I will be out trying to Xmas shop since I couldn't get it done over the weekend (pain).

Ah well, she probably won't call anyway, but if so, she can leave a message on my machine. Thanks for your support - I love the little cheering section - too cute!

Love & Hugs

Lisa
Unread 12-11-2001, 04:01 AM
I hope today is brighter for you...

Aww Lisa,

I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I too have lost my temper a few times...and it is then that I seem to get things done Re: Dr's. If you don't get the call back, please either call your Gyn or your GP to see if they can set another test up for you ASAP! I know that you cannot wait until February for this test....there has to be another way.

Please know that I'm keeping you in my prayers...and that I'm also cheering you on.

Here are some mighty big 'S 'S 'S heading your way...and a
Unread 12-11-2001, 04:20 AM
I lost my temper

I am cheering for you too Lisa You Go Girl

That is good that you stood up for yourself. Too bad they couldn't just have some compassion before they pushed you over the edge.

I hope that you hear back from them very soon and that you get this test done immediately.

Sending s
Unread 12-11-2001, 08:31 AM
I lost my temper

good for you

I'm sorry that you had to get to that point, but this has just been ridiculous, you shouldn't have to go through all of that......please let us know if they call you back, something has to be done!!!

.........sending big 's in the meantime!!!
Unread 12-11-2001, 12:41 PM
I lost my temper

Well, it is now almost 4 pm. I had to get some Xmas shopping done today - even took off work to do it. My tummy is growling like crazy, my back is killing me and the usual abdominal/pelvic pain is there.

I have checked my office answering machine and my home machine all day long - no call. Big surprise.....I'll be shocked if she even calls at all.

If not, she needn't schedule me for the test. I won't be going back to them.

Love & Hugs

Lisa
Unread 12-11-2001, 01:05 PM
I lost my temper

Lisa, I agree, if they don't return your call after all this, I wouldn't go back........there has to be someone that can help you with this pain, there just has to be.....I still think checking with your GP couldn't hurt.....sending big 's

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register