Fallopian Tube Fibroid Tumers...any info?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fallopian Tube Fibroid Tumers...any info?? Fallopian Tube Fibroid Tumers...any info??

Unread 08-22-2011, 05:17 PM
Fallopian Tube Fibroid Tumers...any info??

I am having the scope-assisted vag hys on Aug 25th, due to pain, bleeding and swelling from fibroid tumers on my fallopian tubes and uterus. I can't seem to find any information on having those on the fallopian tubes anywhere. Does anyone have any experiences with that? I am, in all honesty, freaking out. I am 40, and am not ready to have this done, but know I need to. I trust my doctor and have no reservations, just wish I could find someone that has the same kind fibroid tumers that I do that is post-op and can give me any kind of support!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2011, 06:00 PM
Re: Fallopian Tube Fibroid Tumers...any info??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd1jusfun View Post
I am having the scope-assisted vag hys on Aug 25th, due to pain, bleeding and swelling from fibroid tumers on my fallopian tubes and uterus. I can't seem to find any information on having those on the fallopian tubes anywhere. Does anyone have any experiences with that? I am, in all honesty, freaking out. I am 40, and am not ready to have this done, but know I need to. I trust my doctor and have no reservations, just wish I could find someone that has the same kind fibroid tumers that I do that is post-op and can give me any kind of support!
Welcome to hyster sister!! Your going to find great support here.
I had my hysterectomy May 5th due to a very large cyst on my overy and 2 large fibroids in my uterus.I had the divinci procedure and I was 45 years old (now 46 ) The surgery went very well. I was able to keep 1 overy and im doing well. I dont know exactly what your looking for but you will be fine. I know that it is very scary. I hope that you have a great support system at home. The DR thought that my cyst was a fibroid but when he went in Surprise. And that was with a vaginal and a stomach ultrasound so you never know.
What I can tell you is that the pain can be well controlled as long as you take your meds on time. Dont let them lapse because it is harder to get your pain under controll compared to maintaining it. Having a b.m. can be a challenge the first few days. Alot of the girls used stool softener, I just ate 3-5 prunes a day and all was fine. I recommend the one in a 3pack or individualy wrapped because they are very moist and sweet. ( your probably thinking-Hysterectomy and now prunes-what the hell is going on!! 0 but trust me your willing to try anything. Also, ALWAYS take a pillow to put on you tummy during car rides until your insides readjust. Eat healthy, you body needs lots of GOOD nutrients to help you heal . DONT EVER feel funny to ask anyone and everyone for help because it takes a few months for your body to recover and last but not least ( I think that its the most important thing of all )
YOU ONLY GET ONE CHANCE TO HEAL RIGHT !!
I want you to know that I was back in the rat race 2 weeks after surgery chasing 3 year olds at the preschool that I work at. I still dont vacuum or lift anything heavy because I had additional problems, Im over weight and I smoke so every body is different. I hopr this helped you a little bit and I wish you all the best!!
I will check in with you soon. I know that your surgery is in a few days.. Check out and explore this web site its wonderful. I still keep in touch with my group and we compare everything.

Be the that you deserve to be and I hope your stay at the castle is a good one.
Unread 08-22-2011, 06:08 PM

In 1978 at the age of 20, I had a fibroid tumor on my ovary. I had surgery to remove the ovary, and fallopian tube too. Now, because of a polyp on my other ovary, and fibroids on my uterus, I'm having a total hysterectomy on Wed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-23-2011, 11:31 AM

Wow thanks so much for the replies! I got some great advice and will certainly take it to heart! I struggle continually as to whether or not I've made the right decision when I read about the possible side-affects post-surgery. I have had a lot of trouble, but not anywhere near as bad as some of the women on here have had. It makes me wonder if I am too wimpy?? I do also struggle with Fibromyalgia pretty bad, as well as Ulcerative Colitis. I am afraid of reactions I will get on those fronts post-surgery as well. Ugh. 2 days left and counting.....my Hubby is taking me out tonight for one more date night before I have my surgery. He most definitely is my support and my rock!
Unread 08-23-2011, 09:11 PM

Hd1jusfun,
Im just checking in on you. Im so glad that you have a great husband. I do to which is rare these days. By the sounds of it youve been suffering so long, why prolong the enevetable? Do you have an established family? In my opinion it dosent make me feel any less of a woman. DEEP breaths! Before you know it it will be over!
Best wishes!!
Unread 08-23-2011, 10:05 PM

Thanks tinabop! I am lucky in the fact that I do have a great supportive family. I appreciate your help and I'm. Trying to stay positive. I agree.....it IS time to go this route, but still.....kinda scary! One more day... :/
Unread 08-24-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd1jusfun View Post
Thanks tinabop! I am lucky in the fact that I do have a great supportive family. I appreciate your help and I'm. Trying to stay positive. I agree.....it IS time to go this route, but still.....kinda scary! One more day... :/
Hd1jusfun,
Less then 24 hours before your visit to the castle. I bet your working on the dreaded bowel prep tonight. UGH!!!
That stuff is yucky!! Ill be thinking of you. You probably wont read this for a few days since your new found friend is a porclin bowl right now. Remember, just take care of YOU for now. Hope to hear from you soon.
Unread 08-27-2011, 01:01 PM

Im just checking in to see if your doing o.k. The first few days are rough and exausting, just relax and let others help you now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register