5 weeks post op, no menopuase?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 weeks post op, no menopuase?? 5 weeks post op, no menopuase??

Unread 08-26-2011, 07:49 AM
5 weeks post op, no menopuase??

Hi, about two and half years ago i had both tubes and one ovary out, and went into surgical menopause as a result. this was about two years ago and i went onto hrt, which sorted the night sweats and mood.

then 5 weeks ago, i had womb, other ovary etc removed, i went off hrt as advised by consultant to prevent clotting, so...
i expected menopause symptons to come back with a vengence, but no.....its been very quiet and had no signs whatsoever, could i have just totally finished the menopause, or is it the calm before the storm?
any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2011, 10:01 AM
Re: 5 weeks post op, no menopuase??

Surgical menopause is when "both" ovaries are removed. If your remaining ovary wasn't working, that would be natural menopause. Now, since your remaining ovary has been removed, you are in surgical menopause.

That's great that you're not having symptoms. Everyone is different when it comes to having symptoms or not. Could be the quiet from the storm, or you could be one that won't have many. Only time will tell.

Unread 08-28-2011, 04:24 AM

my consultant called my menopause two years ago, "early menopause"

she said it was bought on by the lack of blood supply the the remianing ovary because of having both tubes removed, (the tubes being the main blood supply to the ovary)
I was 42 then (my mother was 50 when she started hers) so she said it was almost definatly bought on as a result of the surgery.

I most certainly did have symptoms then, very short tempered, tearful, night sweats, weight gain, depression.

Just thought they would come back even more so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2011, 12:17 AM
Re: 3 months post op, no menopuase??

Hello, I can't not understand how to write in this web page, but I hope this works. I was operated on May 30th and had a total hysteroctomy and up to now I thought I haven't had any symptoms till I got an email from hysterSisters with the list of the most common symptoms. I thought menopause was only hot flashes but it is more than that. I have been experiencing Itchy, crawly skin and it happens at any time, especially in the morning
Aching, sore joints but in the knees and arms and hands and from time to time on le legs. However it is not so strong. My breasts have become tender as when I was going to have my perios and I didn't understand why and from time to time I have nausea. I am walking a lot lately but I have put on weight however it is not that much, I think it more related to the thing that I want to eat all the time, I have been greedy all my life. Also from time to time I have dizziness, light-headedness, episodes of loss of balance. I saw my family doctor and I have been asked to have a blood test just to check that I don't have anemia anymore. I was like that after the op.
I personally think that I'm really lucky as I don't have the hot flashes but I also think that the amount of exercise I do now is helping me a lot. As I said before I walk almost everyday , more or less five kilometres in an hour and ride my bike but just to relax, not making a great effort.
Thanks for reading my post and I wish you all the best and good luck in your treatment....OOps, I forgot to say that I am not having hormone therapy because there is a cancer history in my family, instead I am taking soya pills (2n a day) and I drink soya milk every day.
Bye.
Unread 09-01-2011, 02:32 AM

I am getting headaches,and a bit achey, thought that was my sinusis though, we have all got colds at mo.
also loss of balance and forgetting words of things te he he. Ive also started getting a bit warm and then a bit cold, hmmm...maybe its started!! :-s :-D
Unread 09-01-2011, 01:56 PM

I'm so happy I haven't got hot flashes and that my mood is steel the same....and I forgot to comment that although my vagina is a bit dry I haven't lost my libido. Good luck for you.
Unread 09-02-2011, 08:00 AM

Well, its starting!!!, the hot flushes :-(

bound to come really i suppose lol
Unread 09-02-2011, 08:57 AM

As KIm said, I am in surgical menopause and it seems that I am lucky as I'm not having the most difficult symptoms. Can anyone tell me if they may well appear in the future? Not having them now means I WON'T HAVE THEM AT ALL?
Thanks.
Unread 09-02-2011, 09:11 AM

I have to say, i was thinking the same, that maybe i will get off with very mild symptoms...but
Well i am 6 weeks post op today, and started the hot flushes just today too LOL, mind you i had already started the menopause due to having one ovary and two tubes out (doc said that the lack of blood supply to the remaining ovary can cause its shutdown, and the main blood supply is the tube, so....
how many weeks are you post op?
Unread 09-02-2011, 09:16 AM

Hi, I was operated on May 30th and don't have the hot flushes. I must say that I was worried about getting them because I have been told that they are horrible. I'm not under hormone therapy but I'm taking soya pills. I can say that my life is gone back to normal. I just have some mild symptoms but I think that the exercise I do is helping too. Are you under hormone therapy?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register