Scheduled TAH The Coundown in my head - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The Coundown in my head The Coundown in my head

Unread 08-28-2011, 09:53 AM
Re: The Coundown in my head

To Aille: yeah if your job requires a lot of lifting you would not be able to go back after 8 weeks and my doctor told me I will have to be careful the rest of my life, that is not to say I will never be able to lift anything but if I have ajob that requires constant lifting the work he did inside can fall over the years and I may need more surgery, he says not all doctors tell there patients this for fear of freaking them out but he wanted me to know the truth, I am going to try to avoid lifting anything heavy for at least a year(might be difficult) but I am scared and do not want another surgery now or years from now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2011, 02:32 PM
The Coundown in my head

I'm sitting in bed typing on my I-phone downunder in Auckland New Zealand! My TAH for large fibroid is booked for 5 September. I vacillate between nervous excitement and calm rationality to screaming banshee hen and wailing and gnashing of teeth (quite literally!). I keep having to apologise to my kids for being so imbalanced! They are very forgiving. They are all teenagers anyway so I figure it's all good practice for future relationships! I have found it beneficial the last week to organize my suitcase for hospital. Everything cleaned and washed and packed the granny bloomers which i was advised to buy so my incision isn't chafed blah blah blah. I have also been advised to wear dresses for a month or two so I've had to go on a spending spree as I'm a real jeans tshirt and chucks girl! Then I've gotten out my trusty sewing machine and added fabricsnor vintage laces to the hems of all the dresses and changed all the buttons to funkier ones! The modern dresses these days are made for teenage legs and my 42 year old pins need coverage to the knobbly knees! No mutton dressed as lamb for me. So, long story cut short ... I'm keeping my hands and mind busy busy busy. And concentrating on the future quality of life I will have after the surgery.

Thinking of you guys xo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aille View Post
So the last few weeks, all I can think about is this silly countdown in my head. With 19 days left, I just don't see how I can get it all done. I don't get a lot of shifts at work and technically I'm being laid off with the promise my job will be there when I can come back. But that means I won't have any income the whole time I'm off.

I'm starting to panic a little and have almost called in more than once to cancel. The only thing that stops me is I don't think I can go another year with this period and pain.

Only 19 more days and it feels like it's a century away and at the same time tomorrow.

Anyone else fighting the mental countdown?
Unread 08-28-2011, 06:16 PM
Re: The Coundown in my head

I thought I was the only one with the constant mental countdown meter! My Dr. wanted to schedule my surgery for the 12th of September, but my nerves were too bad so I requested the 26th...now EVERYDAY all I can do is think about what a bad choice that was. My pre-op isn't until the 23rd and it seems like an eternity away...it's still August! I'm active army, so I don't really think much about work since I just recently returned from Iraq. I just worried and eager about this surgery...come on already! Hang in there...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register