Scheduled TVH scared who else? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

scared who else? scared who else?

Unread 08-28-2011, 07:34 PM
scared who else?

im schedule to have my surgery on sept 7 im so scared that this weekend i been so sick or maybe making my self sick i havent been able to keep anything down i have a headache very emotinal cant stop crying. i always get like this when i having something done i think the worst is going to happen. i been praying a lot i couldnt make it to churche today the vomiting wouldnt stop. i also been thinking i am making the right choice but when i get my pain im like yes i am making the right choice. i need to stop thinking because i know im just making it worst....

is any other sister thinking the same way i am? im sure they r do u mind letting me know that im not the only one pls.. thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2011, 08:20 PM
Re: scared who else?

Raising my hand up really really high

I'm a basket case with worry. I don't want to die. I don't want to get an infection or bleed out or have a stroke or get a bowel obstruction. I don't want to have an ileus or intense pain.

And more than anything? I wish it were OVER and I was awake and knowing it was OVER so I could start recovering.

I have preop tomorrow. Surgery Wednesday. I'm not even sure I'll sleep the next few nights.
Unread 08-28-2011, 08:27 PM

Oh, yes! I'm trying to keep myself distracted, but it's pretty much all I can think about. I almost had a panic attack driving to the doctor's office the other day to schedule mine. Even though I KNOW it's the right thing, it's very scary. I'm trying to stay light and upbeat, but I know the closer it gets, the harder it will be for me not to be consumed with anxiety.

If you are so nervous that you are getting sick like that, you might want to talk to your doctor about it. They may be able to get you some meds to help you calm down when you need it. Sometimes just knowing it's an option can be as soothing as taking it (I'm speaking from experience).

Good luck, sister!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2011, 08:37 PM

thanks for the reply i fell better knowing im not the only one with all this idea in my head.
Unread 08-28-2011, 08:43 PM

you're not alone. My surgery is the 6th--the day before yours. Not to the point yet where it consumes my every thought--thank goodness I'm staying busy enough. It is scary but I think of the millions of women who have gone before us and all is well--OK, sure there are some horror stories but everyone is different and HOPEFULLY we will be among those we come out just fine.
I will you the best of luck!!!
Unread 08-28-2011, 08:44 PM

I bet that the waiting is harder than the surgery or recovery itself. I'll know in twelve days, but something tells me that the before stuff will be the worst.
Unread 08-28-2011, 08:47 PM

The waiting is really hard & I was super nervous also. You can definitely ask your Dr. for something to help calm your nerves, as it's best to be as rested as possible going into your surgery. Everyone has a different experience, but for me, it wasn't nearly as bad as what I thought it was going to be. I wasn't in alot of pain and was able to just use a couple of extra strength Tylenols every 4 hours for pain, then I cut that down to just at night one about day 3 after surgery.

Try to stay calm & know that although there are risks, there are many successful surgeries. Good luck & let us know how you make out!
Unread 08-28-2011, 09:01 PM

thanks for the reply i fell better knowing im not the only one with all this idea in my head.
Unread 08-28-2011, 09:09 PM

Mine is the 19th and I am terrified. I have not told my family just how scared I am. I am terrified I will not be here for my kids. I keep thinking, I am going to put it off and then I have a bad day of pain or right now, I am bleeding again so then I think...Okay...I have had enough of this and I have to have the surgery but I am so scared. I just keep trying to stop thinking this way and think positive that God has big plans for me and I am going to be fine! UGH! So glad I am not the only one that is making herself sick with worry.
Unread 08-28-2011, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMIx2 View Post
Mine is the 19th and I am terrified. I have not told my family just how scared I am. I am terrified I will not be here for my kids. I keep thinking, I am going to put it off and then I have a bad day of pain or right now, I am bleeding again so then I think...Okay...I have had enough of this and I have to have the surgery but I am so scared. I just keep trying to stop thinking this way and think positive that God has big plans for me and I am going to be fine! UGH! So glad I am not the only one that is making herself sick with worry.
im not marry or have a bf my mom is my big support n i havnt really told her how scare i am but i know she sees it on my face,, i ask my self the same question abt my 2 girls they need me alot n i know god want me to be with my girls.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register