Scheduled TVH scared who else? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

scared who else? scared who else?

Unread 08-29-2011, 09:12 AM
Re: scared who else?

I am leaving for the hospital in a about a 1/2 hour. My heart is pounding. I am so scared. My surgery is today at 10am. I just keep telling myself that I have suffered long enough and now it is time for no more pain or bleeding....so those that are scared I feel you...I am scared..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2011, 09:12 AM

I had LAVH on August 11th. I did have an infection and wound up back in the hospital BUT I feel amazing now! I can be tired at times, but the pains that drove me to this are gone. No more crazy periods that run through a pad an hour. I'm over it and getting better every day! The pain is gone and my mood is so much better!
Unread 08-29-2011, 09:22 AM

I having my surgery today!!! So terrified I could barely sleep, I know everything will work out fine. Just trying to keep my mind busy, not to think about it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lad0m1n1cana View Post
I having my surgery today!!! So terrified I could barely sleep, I know everything will work out fine. Just trying to keep my mind busy, not to think about it...
Dont worry everything well be just fine its our mind that like to play with us.
Unread 08-29-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernCaliGrl View Post
I am leaving for the hospital in a about a 1/2 hour. My heart is pounding. I am so scared. My surgery is today at 10am. I just keep telling myself that I have suffered long enough and now it is time for no more pain or bleeding....so those that are scared I feel you...I am scared..
i wish u the best recovery and let us know how u did...
Unread 08-29-2011, 12:00 PM

I'm right there with you, mine is the 6th and i'm terrified!!! I had never had any type of surgery until about a year ago (emergency D&C, then myoectomy2 months later) my husband was a total wreck so I haven't let on at all to him how scared I really am. Like the other ladies said, they do this everyday and i'm sure we'll be perfect but i wish i could turn my mind off for a few days.

Best of luck, talk to you on the post op side!
Unread 09-04-2011, 11:57 AM

I had to come back and tell y'all it was really not nearly as bad as I feared it would be. Kept reminding myself "If God brings you to it, He'll get you through it!" and I kept praying for my Hyster Sisters.

Several "minor' things went wrong, but it still turned out fine. And here I am 5 days post-op feeling pretty good - and I felt surprisingly good 1 day post-op. They wanted to keep me a 2nd night and I asked the doc to please just let me go home. I'm still praying. Hang in there.

Pray Lots, Worry Less. Love and hugs!!
Unread 09-05-2011, 04:32 AM
scared who else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constanz2 View Post
I had daVinci done on Friday and I feel fantastic! I was a wreck the 2 weeks before surgery. It was awful. Honestly, the anticipation, worry and prep were way worse than the surgery. I have had little to no pain, even in recovery, it wasn't horrible and easily managed with meds. I have had more pain from gas than the surgery. I wish you all the best. What you are going through is completely normal!
Hi.. another Da Vinci patient.. this is the procedure that I will b having also... good to hear positive outcomes.. eases my mind!
Unread 09-05-2011, 08:11 PM

I am scared too. And to make matters worse, I cannot even read half of the things about the procedure, options, etc, because I pass out! My doctor was explaining what needed to be done and I passed out and then when I came to I was throwing up. UGH. I cannot even remember everything she told me, and as I am trying to read up on options, etc here, I start getting that same feeling and have to stop.
So am I scared, Heck YES! and in the dark.
Unread 09-11-2011, 01:49 PM

Very Scared mines is scheduled for Sept. 21, SAH. I have been up and down the past 2 weeks now that I am 11 days away... Panic mode overload!!!! I just want it to be over.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register