Scheduled TVH scared who else? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

scared who else? scared who else?

Unread 09-12-2011, 01:03 AM
scared who else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by satinlace66 View Post
Very Scared mines is scheduled for Sept. 21, SAH. I have been up and down the past 2 weeks now that I am 11 days away... Panic mode overload!!!! I just want it to be over.
I just want to tell u that's how I was before I posted this. Just to tell u I had surgery on 9/7 and when I was wheeled in to the urgery room I remember praying. after that I remember the nurse saying ur surgery is over mariana are you in pain I was so happy I made it. The first day was hell because of the pain and the thought of finally having the surgery over with. But don't worry u will be ok I promise we all been through the scare part and what if. I wish u the best recovery and take it easy it you will be just fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2011, 09:21 AM
Re: scared who else?

Me too! I am scheduled in 2 weeks for a TAH and bladder suspension. I'm really dreading this!
Unread 09-12-2011, 11:24 AM

Good Morning Ladies,

Phew, i made it to post surgery side! i was so scared before I went to the hospital and my husband was very sweet. He kept telling me just imagine how much you will feel better after your surgery. I was crying and crying when I go to the hospital. The nurses were very sweet. They gave me a little something to calm my nerves and then I felt like go ahead and do whatever you want to me. lol
I had Lap/Vag hysterectomy with bladder lift. I have to say the first two days the pain was there. I also still have a bit of swelling as I am 14 dpo.
My advise is stay on top of your pain. They give you the pain medication for a reason. I don't know how I would of survived the first week without my pain meds every four hours during the day and then I just needed one dose before I went to bed.
I am still tired I am not going to lie but I feel so much better now if only this swelling would go away. I guess it is just a matter of time.

Good luck and you will be just fine!!

Hugs, linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2011, 12:56 PM

I, too, am a nervous wreck. My surgery is this Thursday. All I can think about is all the things that can go wrong. I felt like I was crazy for being so scared, but I can see that I'm not alone. To you ladies who have had the surgery already, I hope you are at home, comfortable, and you're recovery is going well, to those of us still waiting, I wish you all the best. Please keep posting, it helps us all! <3
Unread 09-12-2011, 03:39 PM

you are not alone I am having a TVH on Oct 5th and I know it the right thing to do but the fear keeps creeping in,so praying alot and hope to hear you will be fine.Hang in there....
Unread 09-12-2011, 04:03 PM

I know how all u ladies feel....I was a total mess before my surgery(TAH)...all I kept thinking was I can't do this I can't do this....I panicked when they put mask on my face, but before I knew it, it was all over and all I heard was the nurses telling me it was over....I am now 5 weeks post-op and barely starting to feel better...so to all my fellow sisters I say don't worry if you feel like your not improving right away....it takes time and remember we all recover differently, so don't rush it...
Unread 09-12-2011, 05:31 PM

Thankyou Erma45 for your words of encourgement I happy to hear you are on the other side of the surgery.Im about 21/2 weeks out before surgery.So I like reading how everyone is heaLING from their surgery"s Is their anything you can tell me on what to do for preparation I would appreciate it Happy Healing Erma45.
Unread 09-12-2011, 05:59 PM

Hello jaxson, what I am going to suggest is u get a couple of summery simple dresses or dress looking pjs because your not going to feel like having anything touching you around incision...also a big body pillow to sleep with.... I hope all goes well....my prayers will be with you...hope my suggestions help...
Unread 09-12-2011, 08:54 PM

raising my hand up really high~~~~
Unread 09-12-2011, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orphan1965 View Post
raising my hand up really high~~~~
Take a deep breath, and another...
You are going to be fine! I scheduled my daVinci in June and had to wait til the end of August. Honestly, the wait, the prep and the worry about "what if's" were way worse than the actual surgery! I woke up in recovery in some pain, nothing like what I expected, easily controlled with medication. I was in the hospital about 24 hours. I went into surgery at 7:45 am, was awake in recovery by 10 am, and had a regular lunch in my room that afternoon, was out of bed using the bathroom within a couple of hours. I had more pain from the gas than any in my abdomen or incisions. The gas was bad for a couple of days, but went away by about 3 days post op. Every day gets a little better. I've only needed Advil for pain since about a week post op. I am just over 2 weeks post op and the last 2 days or so, I have started to feel "normal" already, other than getting tired easily. I saw my doc today for my 2 week appointment and he said everything looks great. I have had a really smooth recovery. I am SO happy with my decision. I wish I'd done it sooner!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register