Scheduled TVH scared who else? - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

scared who else? scared who else?

Unread 09-12-2011, 09:20 PM
Re: scared who else?

I'm three days post op right now, and I'm so relieved to have it done. I agree with Constanz2, waiting is worse than the surgery itself. Yes, there are uncomfortable parts of recovery, but I think the worry, and the what-if and all that scary stuff beforehand were worse. Hang in there! You're almost there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2011, 07:57 AM

I'm glad I found this thread! I'm having a TAH on Sept 21, went for pre-op testing yesterday. Very anxious, got a prescription for xanxax, haven't been able to sleep for weeks. Seems every waking minute is just thoughts of all the bad things that can happen. Today I'm going to start getting my house cleaned and bedroom ready, eeek just freaks me out.
After reading some of the posts, that the worrying isn't worth it, making me feel a little better. Thank you ladies. Good luck to all of you, wishing you all a speedy recovery.
Unread 09-13-2011, 08:23 AM

I'm still a little shakey too! My surgery is scheduled for the 26th, and I've almost cancelled a couple of times since then. I hope things went well for you...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2011, 08:29 AM

luvlife34,

I had my surgery Aug 23 and I was scared to death as well. But I will tell you, it was so easy. I see you are having a TVH which is what I had. Today is my 3 week mark and I am back at work half days. I am sure you will do just fine. I will say a prayer for you for comfort and ease of mind. Also for the Dr and nurses that will be taking care of you. Good luck!!! It is a peice of cake! <<<HUGS>>>
Unread 09-13-2011, 08:55 AM

Actually, I'll end up having a TAH instead. I'm not looking forward to it but do thank God it'll give me some monthly relief! I tried to fix things on my own with red raspberry leaves. It actually worked for the 1st 2 cycles, but the 3rd one seemed to come back to avenge the others!!! That was my sign to NOT cancel. I am glad to hear you're doing well. My aunt just had one last month with my doc and is doing great...
Unread 09-13-2011, 09:20 AM

I am scared crapless! I keep reading the post op threads to see if others survived!

Mine is 10/28. I look for every excuse to cancel.

But I have a lot to distract me...will be teaching two short 4-5 week language classes, taking French for 6 weeks (up to night before surgery) and trying to get someone in to remodel parts if house. Maybe doing too much but if I have long days to think, I will have a panic attack!
Unread 09-13-2011, 09:35 AM

Mariposita,

Don't cancel. Make plans to keep super busy. My surgery is finally 2 weeks away. I have known it was going to be scheduled for over 3 months, but the hospital was moving to a new location and my date was pushed out until the move was completed.

For 3 months I kept super busy. I traveled to visit family 3 different times. I started eating better and lost 10 lbs. I started walking faithfully everyday, began core exercises and also decided to implement kegel exercises. I practiced meditation and stress reduction.

I made a list every single day and worked my way down the list. My days were extreme ups and downs, but I kept focused on my list.

Now I am in the home stretch. I am getting my bedside organized, planning meals, doing my fall outside chores and will clean house and make a run to the grocery store right before my surgery on September 28. PLUS... I am still doing my daily exercises and checklist.

I am having a little trouble sleeping at night, but am giving myself permission to get up later and do what I need to so I can take care of myself.

I too will also be glad when it is over. I have my pre-op appointment next week and continue working on my list of questions for the oncologist.

I'm trying to stay focused one day at a time.

goldenlife
Unread 09-13-2011, 09:42 AM

Golden life, thank you so much. I thought making myself super busy was not quite right but now I see you are doing the same, I feel better!

Best if luck. Keep me posted on your surgery. I have all these crazy thoughts that I won't wake from the surgery because my aunt didn't!
Unread 09-13-2011, 10:00 AM

Mariposita,

Goldenlife is is right. Keep busy, and come back here often. You will find that while your uterus may be a misbehaving misfit, your reaction to it is very normal.

The time goes by & gives you an opportunity to learn more about what you will be experiencing. You will also find that you will do shopping, house cleaning, and you will get more accomplished on your "to do" list than you can ever imagine.

I'm in the home stretch too, and I still have questions - I still get the jitters (feel free to remind me of this post on Thursday as I panic - my surgery is scheduled for Friday), but I have found strength in the knowledge that others are going through the exact same thing as me, right here and right now.

I have also found tremendous support from the other women who post here, who have already been through this - I adore them for taking the time to assure us, by there very presence in this forum, that there is in fact life after hysterectomy.

Hang in there!
Unread 09-13-2011, 01:31 PM

Mariposita, You are not alone in your feeling of not waking up... I was totally freaking out the minute I found out I had to have a TAH...I wasn't sleeping I was crying, because like you I also had two relatives that didn't wake up, but after doing a whole lot of praying plus support from husband, family and friends I was able to pull through it... One suggestion I give you that I wish someone had given me, is to ask your doc if they can give you something to relax you before going into surgery so it won't be so bad when they stroll you into surgery..... I am now 4 1/2 weeks post-op and glad I did it because I don't have that constant pain anymore... Hope all goes well, my prayers will be with you and all you ladies that will be going through it....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register