Will I feel better after surgery? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Will I feel better after surgery? Will I feel better after surgery?

Unread 09-01-2011, 08:53 AM
Re: Will I feel better after surgery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbiAnne View Post
I was so glad to read this post. My surgery is the 29th and, I too, feel like it is an eternity away. I feel lousy and tired every day. Are you saying these are normal symptoms to having fibroid tumors?
Yes, CorbiAnne, I too had to cope with large fibroids and I feel so much better since my hysterectomy. By Christmas you will really be feeling like celebrating!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2011, 11:50 AM

I know I'm hoping to feel like a new woman after this. I'm willing to put up with the recovery pain, to not have the constant pain.
Unread 09-01-2011, 12:52 PM

YES, you will feel better after surgery. I'm one month post-op, and I feel like I almost have too much energy now! I didn't even have abnormal bleeding and I wasn't anemic at all. I just had large fibroids pushing everything way out of place. My dr. told me that in one month I wouldn't believe how much better I felt, and she's right. I don't feel like I have a football jammed inside of my lower abdomen. I have a bladder again, too!!!! Just make sure you take it easy during your recovery. Give yourself time to heal and recuperate from the surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2011, 04:52 PM

I am 6 weeks out and feel like a new person. It takes time to get here but it sure is nice not to be in pain and not to be bleeding.
Unread 09-01-2011, 10:12 PM

I love to read these positive experiences. I am so ready to feel better, have energy, and get on with life - I just have to believe that everything is going to be better.
Unread 09-01-2011, 10:41 PM

You will feel SO much better!

I had a large uterine fibroid (the size of a 4.5 month pregnancy)

I knew the back hurting, and the big belly was from the fibroid, however I didn't realize how bad I really felt! I had constant low grade cramps, leg pain when I jogged and I was always tired. I never felt good...ever. Oh, and I pooped maybe every 2-3 days if I was lucky. I always felt like something was infected, or sick...hard to explain.

I never dreamed it was all tied to my fibroid, but it seems to be the case. I feel better than I have felt in a very long time. I am super glad I had it done. Because I had gotten so used to feeling cruddy, my recovery seems like a breeze. I feel better than ever and I am truly struggling with staying still. lol. My only regret is that I didn't think to question all my symptoms sooner.

Take good care of yourself right after surgery, relax, follow orders and before you know it, you will be on this side answering questions like yours. Good luck to ya!
Unread 09-02-2011, 06:55 AM

I agree with the "second chance at life." For years I've felt miserable, and I was completely lethargic for a year before going into cardiac arrest for losing so much blood (hemoglobin 1.1!). I almost died. So...

YES! It does get 1000000000000000000 times better!

Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register