Anyone else having rude comments? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else having rude comments? Anyone else having rude comments?

Unread 08-31-2011, 07:21 AM
Re: Anyone else having rude comments?

gahhh !!

I keep hearing from others.................."I know a woman from church that had a hysterectomy and she was back to work within 2 weeks"

'I know a woman that had abdominal and was back to work in ____ weeks" blah blah blah..

"I was back to work within ____ weeks after mine" or "I was up cleaning house after only ____ days/weeks"

This really pee's me off. My doc told me 8 freaking weeks and that's her instructions.

I'm 16 days post op from my TAH, and there is NO way I could go back to work right now and I was in great shape before my surgery.

I'm no wuss when it comes to pain but I tried to explain to these dumb people that there is a reason why the doc gives those instructions and I WILL abide by them even if the entire hysterectomy community doesn't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2011, 07:28 AM

That is awesome Mileena I feel the same way. I had my father in law tell me he heard bad things about my doctor but he didn't know what it was or when I started laughing and tol him thanks for making me at ease . I am to the point where I want to be rude back. I didn't realize that I had to ask everyones permission for me to have my surgery. Lol
Unread 08-31-2011, 08:12 AM

My grandmother asked me "Do you trust your doc"

I said "What kind of question is that" " What do you want me to do, look in the phonebook, my an appointment with another doc, open my legs, he says "yes, I'll do your surgery" AND let someone I haven't seen before do it"

I told her I'd been seeing my doc for 4 years and YES, I trust her. She was speechless and just blinked at me.

geezzz!!

So, yeah, I've been rude, which isn't out of the ordinary for me. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2011, 11:01 AM

So far I have been very fortunate not to have experienced any rude comments. I was blessed to have two children and than my new husband and I together where blessed with four. We love all our children equally, and my mom always told me that it is not the quanity that counts but the quality of your love for your children. We are just in a period whereby people do not care what they say, they have to tack at all. But I have learned dealing with family that sometimes you need to let people go that bring hurt and drama into your life. They should be wishing you Good Health, but sadly this is not happening. Keep your Faith, it will see you through alot. I will be having my surgery on September 19, 2011 and I am trying to stay positive so I can be a better person and enjoy my life. Stay strong and get well.
Unread 08-31-2011, 03:24 PM

wow that is quite mean what she said. I would ignore it people like that are frankly not worth my time or emotions. My aunt had a hysterectomy in her late 20's she had no other choice and has not regretted it. I am much older than you but have no choice if I want to live pain free Plus I would have had a lot of other problems down the line if I did not. Luckily my boss( well she is female so better for me) saw how much pain I had been working in for months, never calling in sick from it either and she completely understood. Forget those people not worth your time.
Unread 09-01-2011, 12:12 PM

my sister omg she is ro rude with all her negative comment like ( abt time they did something u dont need more kids n u dont needt to be having anymore) will i do want more but i cant i rather be felling better. my surgery date is sept 7 my daughter start softball sept 10 so my sister said u need to take to her first day really u dont need 6 weeks for recovery n u dont need to be off work either. its an on going fight with her every the time i see her i cant belive she is my sister and she like that.
Unread 09-01-2011, 12:41 PM

Holy Cow! That is all I can say! Although, I am glad someone started this conversation because it helps to read that other women are going thru similar things, (not that I wish these rude people or what we are going thru on anyone). everyone's situation is different, and every one of us may be mourning different things about having this surgery....some are very upset they won't have children, so for someone to say "you don't need more kids anyway" or" don't do it because you won't be able to have kids" is just stupid...because someone else is upset about that fact, and obviously we wouldn't be doing this if we didn't HAVE to..i highly doubt that anyone signed up for it because they were bored. I have not talked to people about my surgery, because the first person i talked to said something that made me question everything I just learned! I am divorced (16 years of marriage) and now newly married, my now husband always wanted children and was told he couldn't have any due to an accident when he was young...that was very depressing for him...I ended up getting pregnant at 40...and my STUPID boss said..."OH MY GOD....WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? BETTER YOU THAN ME!!!" My point is, people have no idea what is going on in others lives...and how much they may want something that they can never have. My point here is....let it in one ear, and out the other....and too bad we don't have a button that we can push to shut people up! I am very worried about how I am going to be able to care for my toddler after this surgery...people say "oh, give it a week you'll be fine". I see on the other boards that some feel better quicker than others..obviously, everyone is different...but everyone says no lifting! I'm NOT looking forward to that. I wish everyone luck.....thanks for letting me vent here!
Unread 09-01-2011, 12:42 PM

I am so sorry she is acting that way my sister hasn't been to nice either. But don't worry about her she just might be jealous hahaha. People react a different way so that might be her way of dealing with it instead being scared or worried. Good luck with your surgery mine is the 9 so I will talk to you on the post op side
Unread 09-01-2011, 12:56 PM

One good thing about being unemployed is that I don't have to deal with coworkers making stupid comments. I know there are probably wonderful coworkers out there who have been supportive...but...I remember the wrath I endured at work when I was 20 years old and had to take a week off because I had mono. Because I only took a week off, I never really fully recovered. Just ignore people like this...they're idiots.
Unread 09-01-2011, 12:56 PM

OH I am so glad this thread was made! What a way to vent!! The person I get the MOST and pretty much ALL my rude comments from is my MOTHER. UGH I am 26 and she is always trying to talk me out of it. Finally last night I had enough and I said "You dont live in my shoes and you dont feel my pain. How about I stick a hot knife up your vagina and move it around and then ask you if you want it out! I think that you would say yes! To me your knife is my uterus! So how about that!" she looked like she was going to crap her pants LOL!!! Then I kinda felt bad and said 'Just sayin" and I shrugged my shoulders lol!! But as harsh as that is it really made her realize that I am in pain....I have endometriosis and it is back after surgery and Lupron treatments...she then told me that she didnt realize how much pain I was in. I asked her if she thought I liked being a shut in and staying home ALL the time due to my period or cramps. But she got it!

I am just a blunt person and if anyone that I didnt know would say anything to me about it I would do and say the same thing! If it was a man I would say balls! lol!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register