Scheduled TAH Help - Freaking out about what is happening to me | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help - Freaking out about what is happening to me Help - Freaking out about what is happening to me

Unread 08-31-2011, 12:02 PM
Help - Freaking out about what is happening to me

I am officially freaking out. Last night in the middle of the night, I had what I thought were more cramps. This morning, when I got up, I saw something on my pad that I have never seen before. It looks like a 2 inch long clump of tissue! I am shaking still because I have no idea what it is. I have a call into my doctor but she has not called me back. Has anyone else experienced this? What on earth could it be?

I am scheduled for a TAH on Sept. 19th. I have a large, 6 in. x 6 in. x 5 in. fibroid in me.

Any Thoughts???

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2011, 12:24 PM
Re: Help - Freaking out about what is happening to me

Its a good idea you called your doc.

I have always passed huge pieces of tissue like that honestly. It might just be your uterus shedding its lining and coming out in clumps. That's what my doc told me.

As long as you aren't bleeding worse, I'd just wait for the doc to call back. If you start gushing, go to the ER.

(hugs)
Unread 08-31-2011, 01:28 PM

My doc just called and said it is the uterine lining and that my body is reacting to the birth control pills. I did not take the "sugar" pills so I would not have a bad period. It has helped with the intense bleeding but I am still having it and it is on day 9 and going strong. UGH! So, she said I can stop the bc pills but be prepared for a bad period again or if I can live with the clumps of lining, I can stay on them to be able to funtion. I am going to stay on them for now. I only have 19 days left to go till my surgery! I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!

Thank you for your response. I was so scared that something bad was happening. I am breathing again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2011, 01:46 PM

Hi! We have the same surgery date! I had a similar experience 6 months after a uterine fibroid embolization. I had increasing discharge and constant pain and one morning passed tissue like yours. I ended up needing a D&C to remove part of the necrotic fibroid (I'm one of the 1% this happens to, lol!) and after much soul searching decided to proceed with the TAH.
I hope you're feeling better. I personally can't wait. I'm having so many systemic reactions to the UFE pellets that I barely function anymore.
Be alert for any increase in pain or odd, foul smelling discharge. I never ran a fever, nor was I bleeding heavily, the only two reasons they would have seen me as "emergent." I only went on when my husband dragged me in and I really should have been more proactive with my health. You know best when your body isn't functioning properly! Good luck to you!
Unread 08-31-2011, 06:17 PM

RMIx2, some of the sisters on here have a great term for the problematic bleeding many of us have (or had): crime scene bleeding. I think that just about sums it up! My flow changed depending on what BC pill I was on, one caused the odd clumping you described, another made it flow like cherry Koolaid, and no BC brought on half-dollar size clumps. At any rate, I could feel them fly out of me and would run to the bathroom. I never won that race, lol.

I had my SAH in April and have had no regrets. Good luck to you, hope you'll feel the same way!
Unread 08-31-2011, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatziLKF View Post
RMIx2, some of the sisters on here have a great term for the problematic bleeding many of us have (or had): crime scene bleeding. I think that just about sums it up! My flow changed depending on what BC pill I was on, one caused the odd clumping you described, another made it flow like cherry Koolaid, and no BC brought on half-dollar size clumps. At any rate, I could feel them fly out of me and would run to the bathroom. I never won that race, lol.

I had my SAH in April and have had no regrets. Good luck to you, hope you'll feel the same way!
I am laughing out loud! Too funny! Yes, crime scene bleeding would describe me completely! I have only done this one bc pill and I have only been on it since the first week of August. I did not take the "sugar" pills because I did not want to get a period...well, I got it anyhow but not to the point where I have to be in a bathroom every 20 to 30 minutes so I will take it over the alternative. I just keep telling myself...you are almost done with all of this and you can lead a normal life again!
Unread 08-31-2011, 08:56 PM

I had that happen to me what I was bleeding non stop. Everytime I stood up chucks would come out and I could feel them passing. Ick Ick Ick.

Sending good wishes and positive thoughts to you for your hysterectomy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register