September 9th surgeries...raise your hand. - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

September 9th surgeries...raise your hand. September 9th surgeries...raise your hand.

Unread 09-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Re: September 9th surgeries...raise your hand.

I can relate with everyone here. It's so nice to have this forum. I am always the strong one. If I show my fear or nervousness then I think my husband and kids would really panic. I am lucky enough to have an amazing husband who has never doubted the pain I am in and never made me feel like I was making a big deal out of nothing. If anything he makes more of it than I do. I had to convince myself that it
s major surgery. I've had three laporoscopies and they weren't too bad so I was assuming that's what it'll be like. My doc gave me the big "No way!" It is major surgery and will be nothing like the others. I have to start my bowel prep 1st thing in the morning. 1 Dulcolax tab and a bottle of mag citrate. Then all the jell-o I want. Woohoo. More Dulcolax throughout the day. Ugh! My arrival time is noon so that stinks. Too much time to think before I go in. I hope everyone's next few days fly by.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2011, 01:29 PM

Hollie, good luck with the bowel prep. I'm glad your family is supportive. Mine is, too, and it is a huge blessing. For those of you who don't have supportive families, I'm glad you have this group because we all understand completely.

I just had my pre-op. It went well. My doctor said I didn't need to do the bowel prep. He didn't even give me any post-op restrictions other than no heavy lifting for 6 weeks. He just said listen to your body and do things as you are ready. I'll probably wait 6 weeks before I start running and doing yoga. I don't want to pop any stitches. Yikes!

I had a pre-op thing at the hospital just now, too. I had blood work, so I'm already wearing my hospital bracelet. The people at the hospital were so nice! I hope everyone treats me so nicely. I'm not very good at letting people take care of me, but I'm going to try to enjoy that part and not let it stress me out. Having such a nice introduction to the people working with me today will really help.

Well, good luck to us all!
Unread 09-07-2011, 01:34 PM

Wow 3 with no bowel prep. That's great that they were nice it always helps. I just found out I go in at 5 am yikes first one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2011, 01:36 PM

5 AM! Wow! At least it will be over first! I don't know when I go in yet. I find out tomorrow.
Unread 09-08-2011, 07:26 AM

Okay, I relaxed a bit after my pre-op yesterday. Then that evening I went on a walk up my favorite canyon near my house. That's when it happened. All of a sudden, my GI track started groaning and moaning and I almost got sick in the mountains. My friend took me home, and when I got there, I think I had an episode of irritable bowel from stress. I've never had that before, but my mom used to get it after stressful times.

I think because I started to relax about it, all the stress I'd been carrying showed itself. No fun.

I'm not green this morning, and I think I can safely eat and everything, but I think emotionally, this is going to be a tough day for me. I'm going to go out and buy some cute nail polish and come home and paint my toenails (the hospital said I could) and watch escape-y movies and rest all day. The only jobs I have left are to do some laundry and pack for the hospital.

How are you all doing this last full day with your uteruses? Hopefully, better than me. I really think this is going to be the toughest part. I'm sure surgery and recovery won't be a cake walk, but I think this will be the hardest. I'll be glad when it's all over and I can just feel like my regular self again.
Unread 09-08-2011, 07:46 AM

Sarah I am stressing. I am nevous scared and having anxiety. I'm at work now so it has helped get my mind off things but my stomach is in knots I feel like I want to cry but can't. And to top it off I am a chicken **** and didn't tell my sister no so now both of them are coming but I just couldn't hurt there feelings I didn't need that on top of this no when I get home I have a full house. They will have to deal with it if I go to bed early and not the best host at this point I could careless. I'm stressing about money. And everything else I can not wait to get this pass me. The only thing that is keep me from having a break down is I know I'm going to feel better. Last night I told my husband I'm just going to reschedule and he said if that's what you want then do it but all he wants is for me to feel better. So I decided not to. But man I am freaked. Sorry it's been a bad day just had to vent. I will be better tomorrow hopefully I think I can handle pain better than this. Hahaha. Good luck ladies.
Unread 09-08-2011, 07:55 AM

Don't reschedule. Just get it over with. This part is going to be the worst, and if you put it off, you have to go through this again. After tomorrow, you can start getting better and enjoying your new life.

I like what you said about being able to handle pain better than this. I'm the same way. I was pretty tough about childbirth and all that and I know I can be tough about this, but the anxiety and waiting and the unknown are really doing a number on me.
Unread 09-08-2011, 07:58 AM

Tomorrow, when they are about to put me under, I'm going to say a special prayer at that moment for all of us in this 9/9/11 group. It will be a defining day in the rest of our lives--the day we began to get our lives back.

Maybe if you all have prayers or good thoughts or something to send out when you are about to go under, we can all help each other, even though we can't be there to give each other a hug or hold each other's hands.
Unread 09-08-2011, 08:17 AM

That is a good idea I will do the same thanks Sarah. Big hugs
Unread 09-08-2011, 08:24 AM

I also wanted to thank all of you again. It sure has been easier with y'all. I don't think I couldn't have done this without everyones help here. Let me vent. Tellin you how I feel and just going through the same thing. Thank you it means alot to me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register